• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

High school students picking colleges based on campus carry policies

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://americanmilitarynews.com/201...dium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=goa

SNIP

FOX 4 Kansas City News

[Fox 4] spoke with students on their thoughts, including Andrew Lee, a student at St. James Academy.

“I’ve spoke to a lot of people that I go to school with, and that I will go to school with next year at the University of Kansas and they have said they have based their decision to go that university specifically because of the conceal carry laws,” Lee said.

A high school senior named Olivia Rodgers said being able to protect herself is important to her.
“I would definitely feel safer having the option to conceal and carry. As a young lady going off to college, personal safety is definitely on the forefront of my mind. So having the right to decide how to protect myself is an important factor in my college decision,” she said.

There is no doubt that this is a hot topic. . . However, the Second Amendment guarantees that every citizen has a duty to keep and bear arms.

Beginning on July 1, 2017, students in Kansas will be allowed to possess concealed handguns so long as they are otherwise legally allowed to have them.

since9

Campaign Veteran
While that's one consideration, given that most states have a 21 age limit on CC, most students will only be able to CC their last year. I don't know of any campus that allows OC.

WalkingWolf

While that's one consideration, given that most states have a 21 age limit on CC, most students will only be able to CC their last year. I don't know of any campus that allows OC.

Since colleges/universities have age diversity someone will be able to carry. Some may feel comfort knowing that there are some good guys with guns. Also some states allow those under 21 to get a permit if the person is in the military.

solus

Since colleges/universities have age diversity someone will be able to carry. Some may feel comfort knowing that there are some good guys with guns. Also some states allow those under 21 to get a permit if the person is in the military.

and the Tarheel state citizens >18 may open carry and of course by federal law not purchase until >21.

ipse