• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion

hotrod

imported post

Couple robbed by 2 persons, one with a Police shirt on.

A reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of persons involved in a home invasion in Dry Ridge on July 23.
Police said two men armed with guns entered the home at 15 Ellen Kay Drive.
The men, one who is described as a white male, approximately 6 feet tall wearing a black sweatshirt with “police” in white letters, tied those inside the home up with plastic zip ties.
The second man was wearing a mask and a black shirt with”OEM” in white letters.
The pair assaulted the homeowner and stole his 2003 maroon Chevrolet Trailblazer (Kentucky License #576CCA). It has not yet been recovered.
Anyone with information can call Kentucky State Police Fred Scroggins at 859-428-1212.
“We’re looking into the leads we’ve got” he said. “We just need someone to come forward and help us out.”

8th ID

imported post

This is the kind of thing that happens almost daily here in Lexington. Not really the 'Police" sweatshirt thing, but just home invasions. I'm serious, it seems like there is at least one home invasion a day here. The latest one was last night,I didn't get the details. A home invasion last week where one man posed as a cable TV employee to gain access to the house. When they got in, they placed a plastic bag over the homeowners head. They stole some items, but homeowner only suffered a cut to his head.

I have learned not to open the door unless I know the situation. And, well, let's just say I always have a little helper nearby.

langzaiguy

imported post

Funny you should say that! I had a stranger knock on my door tonight. Definitely had my gun tucked behind me.

8th ID

imported post

Yeah. I had a guy come by this evening-still light out. He wanted to paint our house number on the curb for $10. I said no and he left. Seemed kinda funny-no truck, equipment, etc.I didn't even open the door, I just talked to him through a small side window.

A few minutes later, I HAD to water some plants out front and my CZ needed some open fresh air...:celebrate

langzaiguy

imported post

Yeah, I had someone drop a flier off for curb painting. I'd do it for $10. Write him a check and he'll come by later and do it? Righhhhhhhhht.

chris in va

imported post

Gotta be on your guard. Guy came to my door a couple months ago wanting to do some service that I can't remember. Let's just say he looked nothing like a professional that you would expect to do that sort of work. Never saw a work vehicle, and I looked up and down the block after he left.

BTW I did a search on Google maps, the house is south of Cincinnati at a wide spot in the road off 75, really out of the way. Definitely not in a city or town.