• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 3098 - Unlicensed Open Carry

cbxer55

Saw it on the news. Couldn't believe it. With any luck it'll clear the Senate as well. Told some friends in Communist California, they're extremely jealous.

websterz

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. No BG checks, no mandatory training. Time will tell. :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know if this is a good thing or not. No BG checks, no mandatory training. Time will tell. :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:
BGs always follow the law - right?

And only those with an acceptable level of training should be allowed to defend themselves?

F350

Open & Concealed unlicensed carry has only been working in Vermont since 1939
Open unlicensed carry has been working in Colorado since before it was a state (1876)
Open & concealed unlicensed carry has been working in Arizona since 2010
Open & concealed unlicensed carry has been working in Wyoming since 2011
Open & concealed unlicensed carry has been working in Alaska since 2003
Open & concealed unlicensed carry has been working in Arkansas since 2013

DUH i don't know are people in Oklahoma stupider and/or more criminally inclined than in other states??????

Are you a firearms instructor making $$$$$$ off classes people are forced to take to exercise a constitutional right????

Last edited:

Midwest

Last edited:

qednick

I saw one news report claiming this would make OK the 8th state to have "constitutional carry"--which, of course, isn't true. There were no comments so couldn't correct the readers. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

Anyhoo, just wanted to wish our neighbors up north good luck with unlicensed OC!!

Arin Morris

Do you have your carry license? If so, then you know the "training" is a complete joke. If you know the difference between a derringer, revolver and semi-automatic pistol and can manage to keep the muzzle down range during the live fire portion then hooray, you pass. The rest of the class is basically legal advise for when you kill somebody, not firearms training.

sc-texas

Last edited by a moderator:

Arin Morris

Some in the media and RKBA community are calling this Constitutional Carry, which it is not. It is movement in the right (pun intended) direction.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...tless-open-carry-passes-oklahoma-house-73-15/

You are correct, but it's word play. "Constitutional Open Carry" sounds better than unlicensed or permitless open carry to the layman. I'm really hoping this passes, but I have my doubts. I have a feeling the fiscal impact on the OSBI will be enough to kill it. State agencies love their money.

Representative Emily Virgin (D-Norman) opposed the bill. She argued that allowing law-abiding citizens to carry openly without a permit “could increase incidents of domestic violence.”

I'm having a hard time understanding the correlation between unlicensed open carry and domestic violence. You don't need a permit to purchase a firearm and keep it in your home, which is where I would think a mass majority of domestic violence takes place.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought this was a discussion forum. You were all awfully quick to jump my ass this time weren't you?!
To whom are you directing this?

OCDO may be a publicly viewable forum, but it is first Private Property. By registering and gaining the privilege of posting, one agrees to and thereby accepts the Forum Rules.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought this was a discussion forum. You were all awfully quick to jump my ass this time weren't you?!
To whom are you directing this?
OCDO may be a publicly viewable forum, but it is first Private Property. By registering and gaining the privilege of posting, one agrees to and thereby accepts the Forum Rules.
And just what rule did I violate? The one where speaking my mind justified being dog piled?
Even being slighted or even wronged (in your opinion) does not give license to step beyond the bounds. Better to use the Ignore function.

Back on topic, please.

Last edited: