• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How can i make people more aware of OC here in St. Joe?

Marc

imported post

I've only seen one other person in St. Joseph posting in this forum and i have never seen anyone here OCing except LEOs off duty from other towns. How can we change this around here?

gunman

imported post

hello finally another one in st.joe.i oc every where i go,but your right no one oces around here,i have never seen anyone besides myself and once in a while a friend of mine does.now that your on here that makes three on ocdo from st.joe.

Reverend BCal

imported post

HEY!!! Here's number three chiming in! :D

We definitely need to get a little breakfast/lunch/dinner planned here soon so we know who our neighbors are! Maybe we can pull a few locals in, too. It's a shame that KC is so close, yet so far for a meet-up.

Anyway, Marc, good to see another OC soul making himself known!

gunman

imported post

I will be there a breakfast/lunch/dinner anytime on a weekend is good for me,it would be nice to get some ocers from kc to come.Maybe we could post in the kansas form and get ocers from near by to show up to.

Marc

imported post

well today was my first time actually ocing and im very encouraged i was pretty nervous but really no one even looked at me so i think it was a good expeience and im confident enough to do it again

Mo

Banned
imported post

Hi. New to the forums here.

I live just south of St. Joe. I was at Menard's yesterday morning and saw a couple in security guard uniforms shopping and openly carrying. Sincesecurity guardsare civilians, I guess that does count as open carry.

But I just wanted to introduce myself to to the other locals here. I've enjoyed surfing around these forums. Lots of good information.

Mo

Reverend BCal

imported post

Now that the weather's looking beautiful here in St. Joe, we should plan a little get-together here soon. The 4 of us from Buchanan County could be a good start to a nice group. Any folks from any nearby counties that're willing to make a trip to our humble hometown?

I'm thinking either breakfast or lunch at Cracker Barrel, or Bob Evans or anywhere really. Haven't seen any NO CARRY signs on my more popular restaurants. Opinions? Comments? Questions? If I get biters, I'll start a thread like all those cool cats from the St. Louis area :)

Mo

Banned
imported post

I think that's great, but I'm so new to all this that I'm not ready for OC yet. I'm still in the gathering stage of information as far as what to do and not to do and so forth. I live on a farm and I'm really busy right now. I'm going to try and take the CCW class next month when I have more timeand get some more shooting experience. I sold my last handgun because I found it too large and heavy and have some compact ones now and I'm still trying to get comfortable with how they handle.

In the meantime, I'm not going anywhere so I'll be here on the forums.

Hope you understand! :cool:

Mo

lucius13

imported post

My name is Lucius and I live down the road in KCMO and I just decided to start posting on this site and I just started carrying openly because I can not move as fast as I used to because of a bad hip, but trust me I am the only person I know of in KC that carries. So you are not alone.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Marc wrote:
I've only seen one other person in St. Joseph posting in this forum and i have never seen anyone here OCing except LEOs off duty from other towns. How can we change this around here?
Maybe organize some small low key OC meetups?

gunman

imported post

well rev im ready for a meet.just say when and where and im there,sure would be nice to get more to come though,but its a start.here's a biter so go ahead a start your thread and get it going.LOL

gunman

imported post

saturday may 22nd at Ihop north belt hwy 9:00 am for breakfast is that a good time for anybody come one come all.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate