• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how to fix walmart

WalkingWolf

if each on of us don't spend our $$ monthly @ Wally.

(250,000) OC x $50/month =$12.5 (+3%/-3%) million Wally loose monthly in revenues
I stopped spending 4 months ago, last straw was watching door greeter, and LP abuse a elderly black lady bringing her to tears. They stopped her cart full of groceries, scanned every single item only to find she did not steal anything.

FreedomVA

Should have a "National Wally World Boycott day" once a month on the same day, every month and lets see how long before Wally sing a different song

HLB

if each on of us don't spend our $$ monthly @ Wally.

(250,000) OC x $50/month =$12.5 (+3%/-3%) million Wally loose monthly in revenues
Walmart took in 514 billion in 2019. 12.5 x 10^6 x 12 = 150 million for a year with your numbers. We Open Carriers represent (150 / 514,000) x 100 = 0.03 % of their revenue. Sinful that a company can make that much money and we matter so little.
HLB

solus

Walmart took in 514 billion in 2019. 12.5 x 10^6 x 12 = 150 million for a year with your numbers. We Open Carriers represent (150 / 514,000) x 100 = 0.03 % of their revenue. Sinful that a company can make that much money and we matter so little.
HLB

Thats gross of all walmart’s conglomerate enterprises,
  • Walmart net income for the quarter ending July 31, 2019 was $3.610B, a 519.28% decline year-over-year.
  • Walmart net income for the twelve months ending July 31, 2019 was $12.849B, a 147.24% increase year-over-year.
  • Walmart annual net income for 2019 was $6.67B, a 32.37% decline from 2018.
  • Walmart annual net income for 2018 was $9.862B, a 27.71% decline from 2017.
  • Walmart annual net income for 2017 was $13.643B, a 7.15% decline from 2016.

hammer6

Remember, a corporation is nothing more that a stack of paper. The only person that can represent the corporation is its attorney. But with that said, first, corporations make decisions that they think will bolster their bottom line and keep their stock holders happy. Second, publicity. How will that publicity effect the bottom line. In other words, how to appease the protesters until the winds change.

The first problem is that some clueless employee doesn't understand the difference between request and mandate. Secondly, when a customer is arrested for trespass, for nothing more than shopping with his/her family, the company will side with the employee knowing the employee was wrong. I speak from experience.

Corporations will lie about anything to accomplish their goals.

When you go into one of these stores ask where their customer gun police is posted. They will look at you cross-eyed.

So i guess we should all just give up, huh

hammer6

One of Walmart's successful goals was/is to put small business out of business. This is where we come in, when we support small business it allows to those owners to offer their services to more than just us gun owners. Every time a small business goes down the tubes many people in the community are impacted. So while we alone cannot impact Walmart, Piggly Wiggly, IGA, local small shops, thrift stores can hurt Walmart in the same way Walmart did them, one slice at a time.

Not when you have to dip more into your wallet

solus

So i guess we should all just give up, huh

Ya know hammer6 step up and provide a viable OC plan ~ no LG participants that convinces CEOs so they will rescind their ‘do not OC request” in their stores...

Firearms Iinstuctor

Here you go pictures of open carry at wal-mart and Frys in Yuma AZ

My brother and I have carried at both often when I winter down there.

Picture's at the link

There is an ongoing thrust by the fanatical pushers for a disarmed population, to enlist corporate America to their cause. Understandably, corporate entities are uneasy about outright support for any political faction; come out strongly on one side or the other, you are potentially alienating 20-30 percent of your customers. The 50% that are not strongly engaged in politics are unlikely to respond.
When it comes to Second Amendment issues, there are about 5 million NRA members and 100 million gun owners. There are about 30 million people that think owning a gun is immoral. The numbers game falls to the Second Amendment, but the Old Media are overwhelmingly hostile to gun ownership.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Actually depending on the community, some small businesses get more business because of Walmart. I've noticed, in some situations, that the small business owner changed things up by offering goods/services that Walmart does not.

The small businesses that do shut down did not adjust to serve their customers wants/needs.

On another note, I OC'd in two different Walmarts yesterday & nothing was done/said.
We have a small chain hardware stores that carries all the things Home Depot doesn't. There are busy all the time.

OC for ME

hammer6

...and...you ignore "documented" cases of the major social media platforms "censoring" conservative voices.

Please note the viewpoints that espouse that there is no "censorship" are liberal view points.

Then there is the gun issue and social media. Then there is this.YMMV.

Instagram/facebook censors whomever they wish, whenever they wish. I know plenty of people on social media that do not have firearms accounts that get blocked/censored for whatever reason. people get censored on IG/FB for a bunch of things, not just conservative views.

grow up and find a way around it!

OC for ME

Instagram/facebook censors whomever they wish, whenever they wish. I know plenty of people on social media that do not have firearms accounts that get blocked/censored for whatever reason. people get censored on IG/FB for a bunch of things, not just conservative views.

grow up and find a way around it!
Conservative views...i.e. individual liberty centric citizens are being "censored" based only their political viewpoint. What social media platforms do with their property is their business...just as LG talk on OCDO is a violation of the site owners rules. Growing up has nothing to do with not contributing to these anti-liberty companies due to their anti-liberty stance (liberal agenda).

If you frequent any liberal social media site you are a complicit in their efforts to limit individual liberty...grow up and reflect on your complicity.

hammer6

Conservative views...i.e. individual liberty centric citizens are being "censored" based only their political viewpoint. What social media platforms do with their property is their business...just as LG talk on OCDO is a violation of the site owners rules. Growing up has nothing to do with not contributing to these anti-liberty companies due to their anti-liberty stance (liberal agenda).

If you frequent any liberal social media site you are a complicit in their efforts to limit individual liberty...grow up and reflect on your complicity.

The world uses these social media outlets. Why would I want to go somewhere where the masses aren't? If I wanted a likeminded crowd, I would just post here and listen to the bickering back and forth of improper grammar and misquotes and lack of sites.

I love how people say "We need to create our own conservative Facebook, and go there and post."

Yea...no ya don't...because Facebook didn't pop up overnight. It's been 15+ years in the making.

Figure out ways to get around it- continue to exercise your liberty against anyone that tries to oppress it.

Such is the american way.

solus

Turn the silly social scat off and move on...

Let’s get back before Ted Turner’s idea of 24/7 newspeek so citizens can discern their own viable data to make their decisions to function in THIS country’s ‘society!

mnrobitaille

So far I've OC'd into 3 different Walmarts, after the Home Office mandate, & nothing has been said to me.

Apparently in the areas I go, the store management like it when people OC.

OC for ME

The world uses these social media outlets. ...
Other than OC get-togethers of various types...FB aint on our side...I'll go so far as to postulate that FB is actively working against us.

Being politically active, beyond working to getting signage taken down, is where we make the most gains in the pursuit of the restoration of our rights. Contributing to the crafting of legislation, or the repeal of bad laws. Working to get genuine 2A candidates, not those critters looking for a A+ NRA rating to paste into their website, on the ballots and then working to get them elected.

Emails and voice calls still work.