• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I feel accomplished

Seif5034

Over the past couple weeks I have introduced both my wife and brother-in-law to opencarry. My wife has had a pink Sig Mosquito for a while, but this weekend was the first time she's carried it. We just went to the Walmart in Meridian and to Gamestop. She wrnt into Gamestop by herself while I waited in the car with the baby. She repoted feeling strangr going to town with a gun on her hip, but not a bad feeling. Just yhat awkwardness of not being used to it. While in Walmart I got a couple looks. I currently carry a M&P 9c in a thigh rig. While I was waiting on my wife to select the perfect bag of shredded cheese a man stopped and looked directly and obviously at my pistol. He then looked back at me and smiled as if to say "I support what you're doing" without actually saying it. Either that or he was almost laughing at my thigh-rig thinking I'm the mall-ninja type of guy. :)

My brother-in-law just recently turned the big 1-8 and asked me (the gun nut of the family) if he is allowed to carry now. I was happy to tell him "yes". He has since been carrying around his Browning Buckmark .22 until he can get a gun with a more favorable caliber (he wants .40 or .45). He evidently got some interesting looks at a local McDonald's. No issues though. He even spotted another man opencarrying! Something I have yet to witness while out and about.

I feel accomplished because I feel like the 3 of us will continue to opencarry for a long while.

Rusty Young Man

Greetings from sunny, dry Arizona!

Kudos for making some new OC converts, Seif5034. You get a dancing monkey.:monkey
Let them know about this site, and maybe even try to organize an OC dinner in your area to show them how commonplace OC is. At any rate, you can let them know that all the cool kids are doing it:p.