• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have added a new movie to my top ten list

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I would get things started in our new social lounge forum by sharing a movie that I recently discovered.

I was on a business trip last week and watched KickAss on pay-per-view.

What a cool, fun movie! :)

WARNING: The following video contains strong language and graphic violence.

[video=youtube;QberrwlFUNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QberrwlFUNg[/video]

It comes out on DVD this week and I have asked my wife to get it for me as an early birthday persent. LOL! :)

M

McX

Social lounge, a great idea! everyone like to yak about stuff, and alot of things don't fit into a category. I bet this thread will get used alot.
movies i've seen lately hmmmm.

I finally got to see Colateral. good movie, holy crap- is there anyone that guy doesn't shoot in that movie?

still love my classic 'Thief', love the car doors made to hold handguns, and ofcourse the 'confrontation' scene at the end. but i know its a fake movie, because every one knows there are no guns in chicago!

anyone else see any good movies? do any neat stuff lately?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to The Lounge! :)

And it is not just this thread but the whole Social Lounge Forum where non gun-related topics (so long as they do not violate other rules) may be discussed.

Enjoy!

John

social lounge, a great idea! everyone like to yak about stuff, and alot of things don't fit into a category. i bet this thread will get used alot.
movies i've seen lately hmmmm.
i finally got to see colateral. good movie, holy crap- is there anyone that guy doesn't shoot in that movie?

still love my classic 'thief', love the car doors made to hold handguns, and ofcourse the 'confrontation' scene at the end. but i know its a fake movie, because every one knows there are no guns in chicago!

anyone else see any good movies? do any neat stuff lately?

KRM59

yeah been waiting to see it, the clips are histarical.

on a second note a big thanks to the site admin. for changing something for me:banana:

and on a third note. would you mind if i did a short segment on your site each week on my Radio Show?
you could put something together or i could just let the listeners know where to find the site and come enjoy the conversations.
i am very sure i have many listeners who share the spirit of this site, as i do several times a year a Hall of Heroes show dedicated to the Service members, and get huge responces for the rights we are losing. thought it could be good for OCDC.
just a thought, we are an internet radio station so all of our content is uncensored and un edited. might be a good venue for some of your thoughts.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I would be glad to have you do a weekly segment on OCDO and the great work that our members are doing across the country! Maybe you could feature a different state or event each week. There are so many civil rights heroes on here that it would take years to properly catalog the work they have done!

Let me know what I can do to help!

John

yeah been waiting to see it, the clips are histarical.

on a second note a big thanks to the site admin. for changing something for me:banana:

and on a third note. would you mind if i did a short segment on your site each week on my Radio Show?
you could put something together or i could just let the listeners know where to find the site and come enjoy the conversations.
i am very sure i have many listeners who share the spirit of this site, as i do several times a year a Hall of Heroes show dedicated to the Service members, and get huge responces for the rights we are losing. thought it could be good for OCDC.
just a thought, we are an internet radio station so all of our content is uncensored and un edited. might be a good venue for some of your thoughts.

KRM59

I would be glad to have you do a weekly segment on OCDO and the great work that our members are doing across the country! Maybe you could feature a different state or event each week. There are so many civil rights heroes on here that it would take years to properly catalog the work they have done!

Let me know what I can do to help!

John

that would be a great idea, tell ya what since i am not the greatest at putting together info. if you wanted to or have someone put together something i can read about each week. I would be glad to feature it. my shows are tuesdays 7 pm to 10 pm and thursdays same hours. you have my e-mail to send anything you would like covered.
i never put the radio stations URL here but i can if you have no objections.
time is really not a problem if you have 10 minutes of info or 30 mins what ever you want, i can split it up over the time slot i have. hell we could even make a special day to have a whole show on this. we have the ability to have guests and groups using teamspeak. something else to think about.

fozzy71

In before the Low-Content/Off-Topic 'Chat Thread' gets started.

book-1.gif

Last edited:

merc460

I have GOT TO watch this, looks cool! I just watched another clip of "Hit Girl" the one in a Library corridor (?) I loved the mid air dual magazine swap!!! :cool:

fozzy71

Not sure if I have ever seen 'Thief' so I am procuring it now.

my fault.......guilty as charged:banghead:

I have been asking for it (in the Michigan sub-forum) since I got here. The LC/OT threads help cut down on forum clutter and also help entrench the 'community' aspect of the forum.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Let me think about it and I will see what I can put together.

John

that would be a great idea, tell ya what since i am not the greatest at putting together info. if you wanted to or have someone put together something i can read about each week. I would be glad to feature it. my shows are tuesdays 7 pm to 10 pm and thursdays same hours. you have my e-mail to send anything you would like covered.
i never put the radio stations URL here but i can if you have no objections.
time is really not a problem if you have 10 minutes of info or 30 mins what ever you want, i can split it up over the time slot i have. hell we could even make a special day to have a whole show on this. we have the ability to have guests and groups using teamspeak. something else to think about.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I have GOT TO watch this, looks cool! I just watched another clip of "Hit Girl" the one in a Library corridor (?) I loved the mid air dual magazine swap!!! :cool:

Yes. And there is a LOT more cool stuff where that comes from. :)

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member

I have been asking for it (in the Michigan sub-forum) since I got here. The LC/OT threads help cut down on forum clutter and also help entrench the 'community' aspect of the forum.

That is the thought behind the lounge. To give members here a place to socialize without having to talk about OC all the time. :)

John

NRAMARINE

Best movie ever is still Red Dawn. I heard that someone is remaking it. They 'll probably turn it into something opposite of the original. Typical garbage trying to rewrite everything and make us the bad guys.

M

McX

i think you'll enjoy the movie Thief. it's one of my top ten. very periodic to the time it was filmed in. filmed in chicago. tuesday weld is very pretty, now she's like 60 or so. alot of big stars in the movie, action and such. the shoot out scene near the end is the best. i will have to use it if and when bad guys try to break into my house; hold it there, bad guy, we need a little mood music, wait here, while i start the c.d. heh-heh.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, without knowing that I might not have wanted to watch it!

LOL!

I just didn't want to have someone watch it at work and get in trouble. After all, it isn't every day that a 11 year old girl uses the C word in a movie. :eek:

KRM59

sorry thought you was refering to me rambling off topic as i can do sometimes...lol