• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think we can call it

JUMPMASTER

imported post

I think it's fair to say that the only Patriots left in Mass are the football team. Are there any gun owners left in your Commonwealth or did you all get sick of it and move to Vermont?

Rattrapper

imported post

No Some of us moved to NH. So that as we retire we no longer pay state income taxes plus no sales taxes. NH is top on the list for the free state project. Formerly of N. Chelmsford, Ma.

Gunslinger

imported post

Too bad NH has forgotten how to vote for candidates that support "free state" principles. State has gone from a shining star of freedom when I lived there in the '80s-'90s, to about another Maine or NC. Not really bad, but no longer a 'shining star.' Unfortunately, CO isn't any better right now--excepting COS and surrounding El Paso country.

airwolf09

imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
I think it's fair to say that the only Patriots left in Mass are the football team. Are there any gun owners left in your Commonwealth or did you all get sick of it and move to Vermont?
I'm get sick of MA law on LTC and moved to NC where I can Open Carry and my conceal license is accepted widely by other states.

mrsemman

imported post

There are still many handgun owners in MA. Less than there used to be. $100 fee is high, and the regulations are strict, but once you have the LTC, you never let go.

I spoke to the gunshop owner last week about the reason why there were so few gunshops represented at a gunshow in Springfield, MA earlier this month. He stated that because of the stricter regulations, that there were fewer gunowners, therefore fewer shops to service them. Fortunately for us, my wife and I can get our weapons/ ammo from this shop a few minutes drive from our house.

von buck

imported post

Unfortunately I might have to end moving to Mass. My long suffering girlfriend wants me to mover closer (I'm in Ct.), plus, believe it or not, there seems to be more job opportunities there.

I'm thinking of NH. Depending on where I work, it's not a bad commute. I would be closer to her and get to keep my guns.

A

Gunslinger

imported post

Ange wrote:
Unfortunately I might have to end moving to Mass. My long suffering girlfriend wants me to mover closer (I'm in Ct.), plus, believe it or not, there seems to be more job opportunities there.

I'm thinking of NH. Depending on where I work, it's not a bad commute. I would be closer to her and get to keep my guns.

A
NH to the 128 area is a bitch of a commute. I did it for many long years. Closer to the NH border, like Andover, is much better if you live in the Londonderry to Salem area. I definitely don't miss it!

von buck

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
Ange wrote:

A
NH to the 128 area is a bitch of a commute. I did it for many long years. Closer to the NH border, like Andover, is much better if you live in the Londonderry to Salem area. I definitely don't miss it!

Well, they got libraries there. Maybe I'll land a job in NH. As long as I have a shorter drive to my girlfriends house. 3 hours every weekend kind of gets to you. She lives about an hour away from the NH border, so I can be near her and keep my guns without having to go through Ma riggamore, or whatever the term is.

A