• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

idea, woman's issues, the 2A and our WA Senators

hermannr

Interesting blog comment by Emily Miller of the Washington times about women. In Emily's blog, "Emily Get's her gun" she presents gun control as a womans issue...as we all know...rapist's just overpower their victoms, a firearm in this case is a great equilizer.

As we also know....WA Senators Cantwell and especially Murray, have their political backing mostly from women for their positions on Women's rights and women's issues. (like the free mamograms and "reproductive choice" translate to free birth control).

Well, Emily puts gun control into the same league. Freely being able to defend themselves against a stronger male would be rapist. The old addage about a 240lb man would have a problem raping a 110 lb woman with a gun. or God created all men equal, Sam Colt included woman.

Anyway, Murray and Cantwell are very anti-gun...maybe this is one approach we can use to break their anti stance?????

I have never emailed either of them about gun control because I know who and what kind of people they are. Form emails are an insult, and these two are of the more insulting that I know. They have no care for anyone except their supporters. I may try this approach if the fann starts to flip gun control MBE again.

Alpine

Interesting blog comment by Emily Miller of the Washington times about women. In Emily's blog, "Emily Get's her gun" she presents gun control as a womans issue...as we all know...rapist's just overpower their victoms, a firearm in this case is a great equilizer.

As we also know....WA Senators Cantwell and especially Murray, have their political backing mostly from women for their positions on Women's rights and women's issues. (like the free mamograms and "reproductive choice" translate to free birth control).

Well, Emily puts gun control into the same league. Freely being able to defend themselves against a stronger male would be rapist. The old addage about a 240lb man would have a problem raping a 110 lb woman with a gun. or God created all men equal, Sam Colt included woman.

Anyway, Murray and Cantwell are very anti-gun...maybe this is one approach we can use to break their anti stance?????

I have never emailed either of them about gun control because I know who and what kind of people they are. Form emails are an insult, and these two are of the more insulting that I know. They have no care for anyone except their supporters. I may try this approach if the fann starts to flip gun control MBE again.

Not a bad idea. Also, the LBGT community, often a constituency that the democrats take for granted, is one of the highest in terms of gun ownership and CCLs.

sudden valley gunner

Not a bad idea. Also, the LBGT community, often a constituency that the democrats take for granted, is one of the highest in terms of gun ownership and CCLs.

That's because many Republicans treat them like crap.

Libertarians don't care, even if they find something personally reprehensible, they don't make it part of their political agenda. Like religion, or race, or.........

sudden valley gunner

Politicians seem to work on emotive and not logic, this stance helps many because it appeals to the emotive desire for women to be safe, but then it also has logic....which is like kryptonite to many politicians.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
any email to Cantwell or Murray will only result in a canned reply message. 3x's I sent email on different gun issues and 3x's I got the exact same message back.

skeith5

I get the same thing, thanking me for my support.......sure hope they are not counting my email as support.

They probably do... I had xx,xxx number of emails supporting new gun control laws because the email had guns as the topic and we all know everyone favors more fun control laws...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

44Brent

Anybody that is in favor of banning self-defense rifles is anti-black woman and anti-woman with pink hair. Here's a picture I took at the rally yesterday at the State Capitol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2600692.108857.100001541322032&type=1&theater

774445_474606342600739_774056412_o.jpg

hermannr

any email to Cantwell or Murray will only result in a canned reply message. 3x's I sent email on different gun issues and 3x's I got the exact same message back.

Even in person you get the same "canned" message. That is why I said they are so insulting, I do not even bother. Much better to activily to work for the election of their opposition. Like SVG I am also libertarian, but I will vote for the proper republician, and in the primary, I have been known to vote for a democrate just so I can vote against the candidate I do not like.

Too bad Cantwell wasn't trashed this last election...her opponent was not well known, but he did know how to think.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

That's because many Republicans treat them like crap.

Libertarians don't care, even if they find something personally reprehensible, they don't make it part of their political agenda. Like religion, or race, or.........

Most Libertarians don't make it their political agenda--your style of Libertarian...thanks, BTW.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Sweet Baboo thinks it is a woman's Right to Choose............to Choose to be Armed and self protected. Lori believes the Smith and Wesson in her pocket is just another form of feminine protection.