• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois Pro Second Amendment Resolution

Johnyt101

imported post

Dupage County residents, I have been in contact with two members of the county board. We have been discussing the Illinois Pro Second Amendment Resolution and they both seem to be supportive of it. It would be helpful to send emails to Brien Sheahan and Jeff Redick in support of the resolution. I will be calling Brien Sheahan today or in the next couple of days to discuss the resolution. It is important that the residents of Dupage show them that they support this measure! So please send them emails showing your support and remember to be polite. Thank you.

Johnyt101

imported post

I talked with Brien Sheahan today and he is going to talk to other board members to see if the resolution has a chance at passing. He said he will get back to me with an update. So if you are a Dupage Resident please contact your county board members. If you are not a Dupage Resident and you have friends or family that are, please ask them to take a few minutes out of their day to contact their county board members. If they are too lazy to send an email, type one for them and have them send it if they support what it says. I cannot over state the importance of this resolution passing in Dupage. If it passes here then the day when Illinois gun owners arent treated like second class citizens might be nearing! As for Dekalb, the shooting most likely put a halt on it for a while. I dont know for sure because I dont know who has been working on it there, but I could see it being at least a year until they are comfortable taking up the resolution.

Johnyt101

imported post

I was glad to see how successful IGOLD was! While I was at IGOLD, I talked to the director of the McHenry County Rifle Association. He said that the county board will most likely hear the resolution in the next 60 days. It looks like it will pass easily. According to him at least 20 out of the 24 board members support it and if it did come down to a tie, the board chairman supports it and he would be the tie breaker. Mc Henry will be the first Collar County to pass the resolution which will help get counties such as Dupage to follow suite. No Dupage Update yet, but one should come soon.

PS, the oral arguements for DC v. Heller are today! They will release the audio soon after, that will be interesting and very telling as to how the court will rule. I am predicting a 7-2 victory for the Second Amendment (Stevens and maybe Souter or Breyer will discent). Down with DC, then Chicago gun laws! Then maybe we can finally get preemption in Illinios...

Johnyt101

imported post

Attention McLean County residents! Your county board is having a comitee hearing on the Illinois Pro 2a Resolution Tuesday March 25th at 3pm! Please come and support the resolution, if you want to speak on its behalf you must call ahead of time. The number of counties that are left undecided is dwindleing and Mclean is the last big county in central Illinois that is undecided, so please it is very important that you write you board memebers in support of this resolution! I will be there tuesday in person so hope to see you there!

junglebob

imported post

Attention McLean County residents the resolution will go for a committee vote on Tuesday March 25 at 3.00 pm in the County Building Room 400. Those wishng to speak in support of the resolution must phone 309-888-5110 ahead of time.

This is your chance to advance the second amendment resolution in Illinois.

Woops, I didn't see Johny101's post til after mine went through. But I second what he said.

Johnyt101

imported post

Maddison County residents! The resolution has been refered to comittee. Please contact your county board members and urge them to support the measure. There was some feeling that this resolution should not be a county issue at the first hearing. Remind your board members that the right to keep and bear arms is specifically mentioned in the Bill of Rights and the Illinois Consitution and it is the duty of county officals to uphold the constitution! One board member compared the resolution to a measure on abortion, so again remind them the right to keep and bear arms is a right specifically mentioned!

Also Jersey County residents, your FULL BOARD will hear the resolution April 8th to make the final decision on it. Contact your board members in support of the resolution. If Jersey and Maddison Counties pass the resolution, then St Claire County will be the only county in Southern Illinois not to pass the resolution!

We are at 71 and counting...so lets make it 73!

Johnyt101

imported post

Attention Residents of Kendall, Carroll, McLean, Jersey, Madison, and McHenry Counties!!! Your County Boards will be considering the Pro 2a Resolution some time this month! Please contact your board members and urge them to support this measure!

Johnyt101

imported post

Mason and Jersey County residents, congrats your boards passed the resolution yesturday bringing our total to 73 out of 102 counties! Madision County Government committe voted on it yesterday also, but I havent heard if it passed. If Madison passes and the other five counties pass it that are considering it right now that would bring our total up to 80 by the end of April!

Johnyt101

imported post

Madison County failed to advance the resolution out of committee beacause they did not see it as county buisness. Sad to hear that the board even refuesed to allow the full board vote on it. Some good news is that Kankakee County passed the resolution yesterday in a vote that I was not even aware of which brings our total to 74 counties. We could still hit 80 by the end of the month!

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Since it is not county business did you request all firearms ordinances in place by the county be repealed? After all it's not counties business.

Johnyt101

imported post

That is a real good point! Here is an update, McHenry and Scott County passed the resolution unaminously. That brings us to 76 counties and Mercer County now has it on its agenda for may 6th. If you live in one of the 5 counties that have seen but not passed the resolution send your board members an email and let them know that in May we will most likely pass the 80 county mark, so what is the hold up?

Johnyt101

imported post

We are now up to 77 counties and I just got back from a committee meeting in McLean County. It passed out of the sub-committee, and it now heads to the full committee. I hope the full committee is more receptive to the measure than the sub=committee. It was quite the fight to get it passed. One member tried holding it up untill the SCOTUS decieded Heller. The new meeting is on May 13th at 4:30. I will not be able to be in attendence, so I hope others will show up in support of the measure. McLean is the last big county in the center of the state that is not decided yet, so we need to win here. Mercer County, Kendall, and LaSalle counties are all hearing the resolution also. SO if you live there get involved. Send emails, show up in support at the meetins. Freedom isnt free people.

Johnyt101

imported post

Mercer, Kendall, Menard, and LaSalle counties have all passed the resolution which puts us at 81 and counting. McLean county has a committee vote on May 13th! Boone countys full board will take it up in early June, the second if I remeber correctly. There are only 14 counties left that are undecided and not one county has outright rejected this measure!