• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In a disaster what ONE gun would you want to be left with above all?

In a disaster what ONE firearm would you want to be left with above all?

• Total voters

KansasMustang

Thought pretty hard about this one, are we talking major global economic and social collapse, or just a hurricane? If it's total socio-economic melt down I'm picking the shotgun because I've never had much luck hitting birds with a centerfire rifle. And if I only had one choice that's it. But since I'm a ex-Boy Scout and Soldier, I've already got all the other factors covered and don't have to only have one choice.

Sonora Rebel

If there can be only one...

Attachments

• Mossberg 590 12 ga w bayonet 002 - Copy.JPG
    Mossberg 590 12 ga w bayonet 002 - Copy.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 90

1245A Defender

id take my AK

folding stock, laser, flash light, and reflex sight!
4 hi-cap mags and 350 rds of ammo!
001-2.jpg

Last edited:

GWbiker

I can't pick just one weapon.

My choices: AR15, short barrel 12 gauge shot gun and large capacity 9mm.

frommycolddeadhands

effective range for a shotgun really limits it's use.

Depends on the ammo. A shotgun will never have the range of a sniper rifle, but you can buy rifled deer slugs that will give you about 100 yards of pretty accurate shooting as long as you can aim decently with a bb sight. Killed many a deer with 'em.

Unless you feel like taking on some long-range sniper targets I think the 12 ga scattergun would do just fine.

Michigander

Robar'd and folding stocked and scoped Glock 20 with .224 Boz, 40 S&W, and .22lr conversion kits on hand. Also, suitable suppressors, a few dozen 30 round magazines in addition to some flush fit ones, and at least a few thousand rounds of HP and steel core AP ammo, and about 10,000 rounds for the .22. Full auto capabilities would be cool, but probably not very useful.

Granted this is unrealistic, but it would be a configuration that would solve most problems that could be encountered. :D

Last edited: