• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Internet discussion shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetdante

Looks like Congress passed a bill today that essentially bans any forum that sells firearms (i.e private sales, links/advertisements to online distributors, etc) because a bill against sex trafficking was written too broadly. It's basically why Reddit shut down it's gun forums, YouTube probably banned the gun videos, and sites like ar15.com and OpenCarry.org are to lose their hosting from Amazon and other servers.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/03/how-congress-censored-internet

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like Congress passed a bill today that essentially bans any forum that sells firearms (i.e private sales, links/advertisements to online distributors, etc) because a bill against sex trafficking was written too broadly. It's basically why Reddit shut down it's gun forums, YouTube probably banned the gun videos, and sites like ar15.com and OpenCarry.org are to lose their hosting from Amazon and other servers.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/03/how-congress-censored-internet

:shocker:....:banghead:.....:mad:

solus

Sorry did anybody read the bloody legislature instead of relying on bs shock & awe media wantabes?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865/text

and grape nothing to worry about as it is flagrant if:

“....conspires or attempts to do so, with the intent to promote or facilitate the prostitution of another person and—
“(1) promotes or facilitates the prostitution of 5 or more persons; or“

Guess craigslist’s operation is still in good shape then...:uhoh::uhoh:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry did anybody read the bloody legislature instead of relying on bs shock & awe media wantabes?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865/text

and grape nothing to worry about as it is flagrant if:

“....conspires or attempts to do so, with the intent to promote or facilitate the prostitution of another person and—
“(1) promotes or facilitates the prostitution of 5 or more persons; or“

Guess craigslist’s operation is still in good shape then...:uhoh::uhoh:

Yes I did. This thread need locked. We don't need fake news.

solus

well seems there is a one casualty of the sex traffic legislation...:shocker:

"US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!"

rolling on the floor.:eek:

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I see Internet discussions shut down all the time, including back in July when I suggest Mike un-sticky years-old threads that no longer have any business being stuck. They just block the view of nascent threads.

The illustrious Grapeshot himself unceremoniously deleted it, but not before claiming I'd resorted not only to inappropriate language on this family-friendly forum but also to a personal attack (he didn't specify against whom).

OCDO-Deleted-Thread.jpg

(sigh) If you're wondering why I rarely frequent OCDO these days, that's why. Thankfully, other pro-2A OC and CC forums out there value my inputs, including those involving the tidying up of old stickies and changing login timeouts to more reasonable values.

Enjoy your day.

solus

I see Internet discussions shut down all the time, including back in July when I suggest Mike un-sticky years-old threads that no longer have any business being stuck. They just block the view of nascent threads.

The illustrious Grapeshot himself unceremoniously deleted it, but not before claiming I'd resorted not only to inappropriate language on this family-friendly forum but also to a personal attack (he didn't specify against whom).

View attachment 13437

(sigh) If you're wondering why I rarely frequent OCDO these days, that's why. Thankfully, other pro-2A OC and CC forums out there value my inputs, including those involving the tidying up of old stickies and changing login timeouts to more reasonable values.

Enjoy your day.

Since9 did you even read the other bloody thread’s posts before cranking out today’s pouty post about some slight or other inconsequential incident which you apparently believe occurred towards you almost 9 months ago?

Really?

Oh, and no, to be honest since9 never wondered, nor actually never gave it any further thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.