• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is it ok gun print show through clothes when conceal?

airwolf09

imported post

if I'm conceal and my gun and hoster print show through clothes such as shirt not loose enough, is it ok or am I breaking the law?:question:

wylde007

imported post

airwolf09 wrote:
if I'm conceal and my gun and holster print show through clothes such as shirt not loose enough, is it ok or am I breaking the law?:question:
It is illegal in Texas, but not NC.

Because OC is protected (somewhat) in NC your printing only indicates you are carrying, which is not in-and-of itself illegal. If you print you are just concealing badly.

In Texas OC is illegal.

airwolf09

imported post

ah, thanks guys just want to make sure as I am using OWB instead of IWB. :cool:

Anthony_I_Am

imported post

Open carry is not illegal in North Carolina, so "printing" is not illegal, but you might be asked if you have your permit, if a cop happens to see it.

NC is pretty laid back. I've never had a problem when my coat blew back or when I was accidentally exposed. Most people just don't care or assume you have a permit.

airwolf09

imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
Open carry is not illegal in North Carolina, so "printing" is not illegal, but you might be asked if you have your permit, if a cop happens to see it.

NC is pretty laid back. I've never had a problem when my coat blew back or when I was accidentally exposed. Most people just don't care or assume you have a permit.
yes, I do have my CCW license.

sovereigngrace

imported post

Yeah I don't think it's a problem in NC,
But be careful when going out of State. In some places you could get in serious trouble. Like federal offense trouble (if i'm not mistaken)

CarryOpen

imported post

sovereigngrace wrote:
Yeah I don't think it's a problem in NC,
But be careful when going out of State. In some places you could get in serious trouble. Like federal offense trouble (if i'm not mistaken)
You need to cite references when saying something like that. If it's not a federal offense in one state, how can it be in another?

sovereigngrace

imported post

Well maybe I'm mistaken but (for example) in SC you are not allowed to OC, but you can get a CCP.

Anyway all I'm saying is be careful and check the laws.

ocgso

imported post

You are not mistaken, I travel to SC fairly often so I have checked and double checked the laws. CC permit from NC is accepted in SC, but you may NOT open carry.

SC does permit glove box carry without CC permit, but you would have to leave pistol in glove box when you leave the car.