• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It has come to my attention that the Howell Gun Club has Banned OC on club property.

Michigander

OC in my opinion is a side issue to the other problems that plague nearly all paid ranges in Michigan. Over bearing range officers, high fees, no rapid fire or hip shooting rules, no good ways allowed to practice legitimate combat shooting, in my opinion, these are all extremely anti second amendment things, because it prohibits practicing to maintain the security of your free state as part of your militia duties.

I'd carry concealed or even just unloaded and encased happily all day long at a range that allowed practical combat type target shooting.

Granted I'm ranting about this not even knowing if this range allows practical shooting, but my only point is that I think there are bigger fish to fry in terms of range reform.

Last edited:

Michigander

You just cant beat the pit in lapeer. The only thing I dont understand, is why arent there more of these places?

Michigan has more state land per acre than most others. But Michigan is basically a huge butchered forest, filled with small, young trees that are densely packed together because of some loggers about 100-150 years ago, who I hope against hope are burning in hell. It's also a fairly flat state, especially in most of the southern parts.

This doesn't do well for making a lot of wide open public access shooting spots on state land.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Michigan has more state land per acre than most others. But Michigan is basically a huge butchered forest, filled with small, young trees that are densely packed together because of some loggers about 100-150 years ago, who I hope against hope are burning in hell. It's also a fairly flat state, especially in most of the southern parts.

This doesn't do well for making a lot of wide open public access shooting spots on state land.
And most gravel pits are privetly owned.

B

Bikenut

It is my opinion (yes, worth exactly what you paid for it) that any gun club that restricts... yes... infringes on gun rights is hypocritical, an insult, and isn't worth spit.

DetroitBiker

Steve is president of the Post 46 Gun Club in pinckney,Not Howell Gun Club

Last edited:

DetroitBiker

Heres the thing, Not alot of members show up to the meetings at HGC. The last meeting
they voted on it while a few of the board members were not even there.

This new rule could be reversed very easily if the members show up and voice
there opinion against it at the next meeting.