• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Lott to speak at GMU

nova

imported post

Saw a flyer in one of my classes today...Sponsored by the GMU College Republicans...

Concealed Carry on Campus Week

March 31 - April 5

Anyone have more info?

fairfax1

imported post

Gun Owners of America Executive Director Larry Pratt will speak as part of a
symposium spanning several days at George Mason University.

Pratt will speak at 7:00 PM on Monday, March 31 at the Johnson Center in
Room E.

John Lott will speak at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, April 2 in Room G of the
Center.

Philip van Cleave, the head of Virginia Citizens Defense League will speak
on Thursday at 7:00 PM in Room G.

The event is sponsored by the College Republicans and the George Mason
University chapter of Students for Concealed Carry.

The public is welcome to attend.

nova

imported post

Thank you for the info! I'll do my best to attend and maybe meet some people.

nova

imported post

Gmu is a "public" university. I don't know what would happen if you OC'd, but I bet it'd freak the sheepy students out (GMU is mostly populated by very leftist types)

University policy doesn't and can't apply to the general public, only faculty/staff/students.

Waiting to hear the answer myself, though since I'm a student, no gun for me :(
(at least while I'm on campus :lol:)

unrequited

imported post

Word from a little birdie is that they got a lot of crap thrown into the VA Admin Code which is still preempted, but they might be able to force your hand into defending yourself. Because I don't have the inclination to get arrested this week, I'll be protesting with an empty holster.

nova

imported post

I was able to make it monday, and I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday as well.

nova

imported post

VA-ALERT:

In the last alert there was a mistake in the start time listed for my talk at the George Mason University symposium on Thursday. The correct start time is 5 PM and NOT 7 PM.

Looks like I have class Thursday so I may not be there. If nothing major is going on in class I may show up Thursday anyhow, though I've been trying to make all my classes this week for a change. I guess I'll just see how things go then :)