• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got non-resident CHL from Columbia County, 25-day turnaround time

kparker

imported post

Thanks to whoever it was that recommended Columbia County for non-resident CHL applications. My CHL arrived today, 25 calendar days after I applied.

Among other advantages, Columbia County is actually closer to most Puget-Sound area residents than Washington County is (my previous county of choice, and still a good option.) Just get off I-5 at Longview, go across the river, and down US 20 on the OR side of the river for a little ways.

The application process took a bit longer than they expected (though no big deal) because several other CHL applicants arrived at about the same time, including 2 others from WA.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SO it is possible for me, whom lives in Tacoma WA to apply for a non-resident CHLpermit to carry in Oregon? What is the cost and and process? I do not travel there much but it will be good to have in case I want to take a trip there sometime.

kparker

imported post

SO it is possible for me, whom lives in Tacoma WA to apply for a non-resident CHL permit to carry in Oregon?

Yes; here's a longer thread about it:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/5665.html

Also, the Washington County sheriff has all the info on their website. Please note that, if you're planning to apply anywhere else, that each county appears to have their own version of the forms, so this will work to give you an idea of the information you need to provide, but you'll have to do it on their forms, not Washington County's.

Currently the cost is $65; the license is good for 4 years.

As a non-resident you will need to provide a letter explaining why you need a permit.

G27

imported post

Granted I don't have a license form OR yet, but when I called the WCSO they said if I simply put self defense that is an acceptable answer. Pretty much straight to the point.