• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ka-bar tdi

rctrav27

imported post

i was wondering if i can carry a ka-bar tdi knife concealed i know this of topic but if u can let me know thanks

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

rctrav27 wrote:
i was wondering if i can carry a ka-bar tdi knife concealed i know this of topic but if u can let me know thanks
Welcome to OCDO.

You have way too many unspecified circumstances. Wouldn't pretend to answer such a broad and overly simplistic question.

You do not show your home state even. Laws vary greatly from state to state and knives are seldom (never?) covered by any preemption laws. Knife laws can and do sometimes vary from municipality to municipality within a given state.

Suggest you would be better to ask this with much more supplied detail on a knife forum.

Yata hey

gluegun

imported post

I'm assuming since you posted in CT, you're asking if it's legal in CT.

Not having read the laws in a while, the link below reminded me that in most instances the length of the blade portion of the knife must be shorter than 4 inches. If you have a valid hunting/fishing license it can be longer.

Various cities and towns may have prohibitions on the carrying of weapons in public parks, and I know New Britain has a prohibition against the carrying of concealed weapons in general. However, it would appear that their ordinance allows the open carrying of weapons as long as it is lawful for you to have the weapon on your person.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf would be handy resource for knife laws around the country.