• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La Mesa’s Assemblyman Aims to Influence Governor on Open-Carry Bill - Patch

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
http://mounthelix.patch.com/article...aims-to-influence-governor-on-open-carry-bill

With Gov. Jerry Brown mulling whether to sign a ban on openly carrying firearms, supporters of the right to bear arms, led by Assemblyman Brian Jones, gathered for a Second Amendment Appreciation event Friday at the Lemon Grove Gun Club.

“We hope that Gov. Brown will veto them all,” Jones said. “We’re standing up to them like a band of brothers to counter the liberals on your right to own and bear arms.”

dumbbe11s

I would also like to see La Mesa's assemblyman try to influence his colleagues into rejecting AB 144 and any other bill that clearly "infringes" on our second amendment rights.

dumbbe11s

I was there, sat down and had great conversation with Brian Jones and Sam Pareades. Even let them put some rounds down range on my M4. We have good people leading this fight, we need more good followers and supporters.

I offer all the support that I can muster for Iraq. I'll be home next year and pray that I will still have the right to protect my family, property and person anywhere that I am able to OC.

Firemark

I offer all the support that I can muster for Iraq. I'll be home next year and pray that I will still have the right to protect my family, property and person anywhere that I am able to OC.

You keep your head on a swivel and be smart. Come back safe and in one piece. We can trade war stories at the coffee shop when you get back, OC'ing of course.

dumbbe11s

You keep your head on a swivel and be smart. Come back safe and in one piece. We can trade war stories at the coffee shop when you get back, OC'ing of course.

One redeeming factor about my current location is that I will OC everyday, and then some.