• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington gun show

hotrod

Yesterday I had the pleasure to join KC3 and meet Gutshot. Both were a distinct pleasures. I did these at the Lexington gun show, which happen to be a very good show (except for the comic book wackos) I have had a past with KC3 but I want to help and establish something that will be stronger and more open to all discussions about the carrying of firearms for any reason. Thanks Gutshot for the introduction and we shall get together and talk about our possibility of being related!

hotrod

Any sign that the prices and/or availability are getting better on ammo?

Mike

Ammo was scarce and expensive. Some rifle prices were down, but it depended on what table you were looking at. Handguns, I thought were out of sight, price wise. There was not much negotiating going on as well. Lots of talk about the possibility of magazine capacity regulation and black gun prohibition ( I don't believe any of this will happen) and the requirement for any gun transfers having to go through an FFL (possible, but it shouldn't happen).

bunnspecial

(except for the comic book wackos)

I heard someone make the comment yesterday that it probably wasn't a good idea to be dressed up like a zombie when you're that close to a gun show :)

To be fair, there are plenty of gun folks who come out from under a rock and don't look they've ever been in public before at these shows too and the comic book guys probably say the same sort of things about us. I walked up to the food court at one point yesterday and had my S&W 28 on my hip, causing some strange looks from the folks waiting to get into the comic con, but not as many looks as the guy in front of me with a slung AK on his back :).

I was there most of the day yesterday, sitting at a friend's table. There were four of us sharing the table, and between the 4 of us, we moved 40 bricks of .22LR at $55 a box within an hour of the show opening to the public(most of the other sellers were asking $70+). There was very little interest in centerfire ammunition, at least from what I saw.

Guns seemed slow too-I didn't see that many moving. The show pretty well was dead by about 2:00-nothing like the January show when there was still an hour long line.

neuroblades

The gun show on Saturday was packed pretty much up till 4, when it started to thin out. Ammo was outrageously priced, 9mm for $40! But at least at this show, there was ammo visible and available if you're willing to ante up for twice the price. As for AR's, there was alot of them and the prices were more in line with what you'd paid for a full-auto M16 about 6 months ago! As for pistol's, lots of those as well but unlike most shows, I only saw 2 that really caught my attention. *LOL* This show was pretty much a shotgun search for mods.

as for the Lex-Con folks, there were som oddities but nothing bad, in fact there were a couple of very nicely dressed female's that were spotted. *LOL* As for the zombie remark above, I didn't see any but about a year or so ago, there was a Monster Fest cheduled next door and I thought that it would've been nice to have had a couple "zombies" roaming in the gun show. *LOL*

I did notice something that was kind of disturbing though at this show. Davidson and a couple other large dealer's apparently decided to not show for this one. Could this be a sign of things to come? I sure hope not.