• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Libertarian Party of Virginia to host VCDL in Fairfax - March 16

fairfax1

imported post

Anyone going to this?

=======

Chris Brookover, Chair of the LPNOVA invited VCDL's President to speak
at their public meeting in March. Please come, and invite your friends
and neighbors to hear Philip speak. The meeting will begin at 7pm at Brion's Grille in Fairfax.

http://www.meetup.com/LPNOVA/calendar/9757002/

Mar 16
Mon 7:00 PM

10621 Braddock Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
703-352-7272

How to find us
"We will be at the long table in the back room."

We have a very exciting Meetup planned for March. This month, our guest speaker will be Philip Van Cleave, President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Come on out and bring a friend. I hope to see you there!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Anyone going to this?

=======

Chris Brookover, Chair of the LPNOVA invited VCDL's President to speak
at their public meeting in March. Please come, and invite your friends
and neighbors to hear Philip speak. The meeting will begin at 7pm at Brion's Grille in Fairfax.

http://www.meetup.com/LPNOVA/calendar/9757002/

Mar 16
Mon 7:00 PM

10621 Braddock Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
703-352-7272

How to find us
"We will be at the long table in the back room."

We have a very exciting Meetup planned for March. This month, our guest speaker will be Philip Van Cleave, President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Come on out and bring a friend. I hope to see you there!
I might.

gcrtkd

imported post

Not sure how to post this properly, but...

Bandit

Posted: Thu May 8th, 2008 09:44 am Quote Reply

+1 for not drinking while carrying.

Just the other night when I was out at Brion's Grille the second question I received regarding my firearm was "what are you drinking?!" (i was sitting at the bar). I was able to show that i was drinking water and immediately the two guys asking the questions seemed to relax a little...

Last edited on Thu May 8th, 2008 09:45 am by Bandit

Dunno what their "official" policy is tho...

IanB

imported post

I dunno. If I'm bored with no plans come monday I might show up.

nova

imported post

Hadn't planned on it but i may show up (ocing...I live off-campus. ). Depends on my work load tomorrow night. A week away from GMU makes me forget sometimes.

IanB

imported post

Hell, I guess I'll go too. We can't have those impressionable Libertarians thinking VCDL members carry wheel guns. I prob won't stay for the entire thing though.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Had a nice time. Met some cool folks and of course Phil did a great job. Not the best please to hear a speaker make his point (Bar Video Games, Loud Chick at the Bar and overhead music).

Ed

crazydude6030

imported post

ed wrote:
Had a nice time. Met some cool folks and of course Phil did a great job. Not the best please to hear a speaker make his point (Bar Video Games, Loud Chick at the Bar and overhead music).

Ed
Those sound effects did get annoying. Still I enjoyed my time there. I would have liked to had more time to inner act with the Libertarian group. I think I might setup some range time with a few of them.

nova

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Nice meeting everyone tonight and putting some of the names here to faces.
Likewise. Had a great time. Before I went in as I was walking in the parking lot I passed about two GMU PDs in their cars, I don't think they even looked twice (as it should be...but I've just never heard/seen any GMU PD open carry stories, even though GMU PD has jurisdiction on the roads surrounding the campus IIRC.)