• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking at a few potential CCW pistols for the future...

M

McX

or perhapse you would prefer the 20th century equivalent?

curious onlooker: hey what kind of gun is that?
me: Imperial Disruptor
curious onlooker; what does it do?
me; it disrupts anything it's aimed at.

Dreamer

Actually, Wisconsin currently already HAS "CCW" on their books...

CCW stands for "Carrying a Concealed Weapon", and is a CRIME. This crime is clearly defined in WI's statutes:

§941.23 Carrying concealed weapon. Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Notwithstanding s.939.22 (22), for purposes of this section, peace officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state−certified commission warden.

Now, if you are talking about a PERMIT that the state might issue to give you the privilege to legally carry concealed, that's a different acronym altogether, but since WI doesn't issue such permits or licenses, you're probably better just referring to it as a CC Permit...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't refer to a lawful permit or license to CC as a "CCW". And please don't refer to a firearm that is being lawfully CC'd as a "CCW".

The acronym (and the phrase it represents) is NEVER, in ANY state or federal law, statute, or code, used to describe a lawful action, or a valid license, permit, or endorsement. the acronym "CCW" is ONLY used--in ANY code, statute or law--to describe a criminal act.

The "gun press", most instructors, Bloggers, and broadcasters are all using this term incorrectly, and it needs to STOP.

Please, don't use a description of a criminal act to talk about a lawful mode of carry.

I don't care if "everyone is doing it". It's inaccurate. It's misleading. And it's just plain WRONG.

OCglock1988

actually, wisconsin currently already has "ccw" on their books...

Ccw stands for "carrying a concealed weapon", and is a crime. This crime is clearly defined in wi's statutes:

Now, if you are talking about a permit that the state might issue to give you the privilege to legally carry concealed, that's a different acronym altogether, but since wi doesn't issue such permits or licenses, you're probably better just referring to it as a cc permit...

Please, please, please, don't refer to a lawful permit or license to cc as a "ccw". And please don't refer to a firearm that is being lawfully cc'd as a "ccw".

The acronym (and the phrase it represents) is never, in any state or federal law, statute, or code, used to describe a lawful action, or a valid license, permit, or endorsement. The acronym "ccw" is only used--in any code, statute or law--to describe a criminal act.

The "gun press", most instructors, bloggers, and broadcasters are all using this term incorrectly, and it needs to stop.

Please, don't use a description of a criminal act to talk about a lawful mode of carry.

I don't care if "everyone is doing it". It's inaccurate. It's misleading. And it's just plain wrong.

buzzkill!

M

McX

and now a message from our sponsors:

Permits?!!!!!! We dont need no steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkin permits!

Landose_theghost

Easy there killer! lmao...

Actually, Wisconsin currently already HAS "CCW" on their books...

CCW stands for "Carrying a Concealed Weapon", and is a CRIME. This crime is clearly defined in WI's statutes:

Now, if you are talking about a PERMIT that the state might issue to give you the privilege to legally carry concealed, that's a different acronym altogether, but since WI doesn't issue such permits or licenses, you're probably better just referring to it as a CC Permit...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't refer to a lawful permit or license to CC as a "CCW". And please don't refer to a firearm that is being lawfully CC'd as a "CCW".

The acronym (and the phrase it represents) is NEVER, in ANY state or federal law, statute, or code, used to describe a lawful action, or a valid license, permit, or endorsement. the acronym "CCW" is ONLY used--in ANY code, statute or law--to describe a criminal act.

The "gun press", most instructors, Bloggers, and broadcasters are all using this term incorrectly, and it needs to STOP.

I don't care if "everyone is doing it". It's inaccurate. It's misleading. And it's just plain WRONG.

Were all adults here, calm down and take a few deep breaths,it's gonna be ok!.

Landose_theghost

***update***

Fired the Keltec P-11 for the first time today, cycled about 100 rounds of both FMJ and JHP's with no problem. Had a few hangups using Wolf ammo, but hey, what do you want, it's cheap, laquered steel cased ammo. You get what u pay for I guess :D.
Also, Any word on that pt-740 yet? or How about the pt-709? I've seen and handled one at Gander not too long ago and they looked and felt like a well built CC pistol, and a decent price to boot, but I can't be sure how she fires tho. BTW, the threads doing nice otherwise, well with the exeption of sir buzz killington lol.

Landose out....

Have Gun - Will Carry

Thanks! and yeah, I know, I know. It's downright disgraceful to not like a 1911. I like the looks of them, but after my first handgun being a SIG P220 and then an HK...going from them to a 1911 and the much more complicated disassembly process...I just prefer non-1911 .45's. Can't beat the 1911 for looks, though.

Someone else mentioned the Glock 29...I was strongly considering that, as well, because I like the numbers that go along with full power 10mm loads, but since I don't, and don't plan to, reload, the ammo aspect of it is too expensive for me.

I've shot a couple Glocks, but for some reason they don't do much for me. (But of course, if I was a millionaire I'd have a dozen of them!) What I'd really like someday is a full size H&K USP .45 - fit's my hand like squeezed clay, and I just love that ambidextrous mag release.

my disruptor; decent size, and weight, skinny beast. and with the 7.62 by 25 it says, and does it all.

hide behind the wall? aint gonna help
drive by on me? you aint getting away
hide behind the tree; aint gonna help
armored; aint gonna help

your best chance? pray i miss.

Ah yes the 7.62x25. I have one of those and with some good hand loads in JHP or soft nose you can work up a pretty wicked load for that old strong war horse. When I say wicked I mean wicked with a capitol W. Great round I say. You can mix the JHP or soft nose in with FMJ when you load your magazine and have one mean machine.

smithman

I agree that gun stores will be ordering many small handguns when CONSTITUTIONAL carry becomes law in 2011. By the way, if you haven't talked to your lawmakers yet, what are you waiting for? Nobody can make this happen but you.

I personally, will never carry any "sub-compact" semi-auto. For a similiar size, I can have a 5 round .357 which will always go bang. Ask any bad guy if he wants to be on the business end of a .357... In all fairness I have never shot a pocket .380, but why carry a mousegun with less than effective ammo, that may jam, when I can carry a never fails .357 wheelgun? I have found that my .357 is my favorite carry gun, largely due to the vehicle carry restriction....no wasting ammo with repeatedly loading the bullets into the chamber of a semi-auto when entering a store (and I prefer not to carry in condition 3). When that restriction is lifted, will I still carry it? Yes, and I would trust my life to it any day of the week. My wheelgun is my everywhere gun.

M

McX

Ah yes the 7.62x25. I have one of those and with some good hand loads in JHP or soft nose you can work up a pretty wicked load for that old strong war horse. When I say wicked I mean wicked with a capitol W. Great round I say. You can mix the JHP or soft nose in with FMJ when you load your magazine and have one mean machine.

booya! two of us know who their daddy is!

Uziel Gal

One might want to spend a little time considering what their normal attire will require, how they intend to carry, and potential holsters before picking a firearm. We have a plethora of different guns to choose from in all shapes and sizes and once you narrow down what kind of attire and holster you will probably be in better shape than someone who must fit their clothes to the firearm they bought. Of course talking about belts and holsters is not as much fun so carry on.

M

McX

One might want to spend a little time considering what their normal attire will require, how they intend to carry, and potential holsters before picking a firearm. We have a plethora of different guns to choose from in all shapes and sizes and once you narrow down what kind of attire and holster you will probably be in better shape than someone who must fit their clothes to the firearm they bought. Of course talking about belts and holsters is not as much fun so carry on.

i'm always concernd with; does this gun go with my shoes?