• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisiana Sheriff threatens Gun Owners w/arrest)

georg jetson

It appears that Sheriff Williams of St Helena Parish has decided to IGNORE STATE LAW and is threatening to arrest anyone carrying "assault weapons" in their CAR in ST. Helena Parish. Well... thanks Sheriff Williams for going "on the record" as a tyrant that needs to be taught a lesson. I will be sure to subpoena Mr. Faimon Roberts of the Baton Rouge Advocate as a key witness in my lawsuit naming the arresting officer, your department and YOU PERSONALLY as DEFENDANT.

BTW Sheriff... care to go on record as to what BOGUS charge you intend on ALLEGING the LAW ABIDING firearm bearing individual will be charged?!?!

I applaud the good law abiding citizens of the 6th WARD of St. Helena for taking their responsibility to protect their property and SHAME on Sheriff Williams for THREATENING the very citizens he's charged with PROTECTING. I'm sure that he won't be forgotten come election time... if he lasts that long.

Link to the article...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2738142/posts?page=1
If we have any concerned readers from St. Helena, please let us know how we may help.

MANY thanks to Tom Grecham for covering this on his show this past Sunday!!!

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

As for residents riding around with assault weapons, “We nipped that in the bud,” Sheriff Nat Williams said.

il_fullxfull.169511891.jpg

Admit it...you were all thinking the same thing.

aadvark

To ALL Whom it may Concern:

First off..., Louisiana has NO Laws Governing so called 'Assualt Weapons'.

Secondly..., Louisiana has NO Laws Governing Firearm Restrictions in Personnal Motor Vehicles, however; there are MANY Personnal Motor Vehicle Firearm Protection Laws that Specifically State that The State can not Regulate Firearms within Personnal Motor Vehicles.

This is an Example of a Sheriff who lets His Personnel Opinion get in The Way of His Professional Duty.

Louisiana has Partial Preemption under Lousiana Revised Code 40:1796.

aadvark

Last edited:

Gunslinger

You need to kick this dick out on his ass asap. Can you do recalls in LA Parishes? He doesn't even know what an "assault" rifle is, but that just means he's stupid. He makes the law up as he likes. That means he's dangerous. Who does he think he is, Huey Long?

KBCraig

They have a history of sheriff shenanigans down there. From Wikipedia:

For the past decade, St. Helena Parish has suffered from a string of scandals involving its sheriffs. In 1997, Sheriff Eugene Holland was found guilty of misuse of government funds and property and using prison inmates for personal labor. His replacement, Chaney Phillips, served for only a year before he was convicted for fraud and money laundering that he committed while Parish Assessor. Ronald "Gun" Ficklin took over the Sheriff's office in 1998, but on 5 February 2007, Ficklin himself plead guilty on multiple counts involving his role in operating "chop shops" — reselling stolen automobiles and parts — using state prisoners to staff these activities and as a pit crew for his race car.

55bowtie

Always have to log on to that site just to read ANYTHING,i don't even bother to look anymore, must have some top secret stuff on there..HAHA

sraacke

Always have to log on to that site just to read ANYTHING,i don't even bother to look anymore, must have some top secret stuff on there..HAHA
You should already be a member. I thought you were. Either way the General Discussions area is public and costs nothing to register to read. Just set your cookies by clicking Rember Me so you won't have to log in each time.
There's noting secret there but there are areas for the Paid members only and that's where probably 70% of the posts take place including minutes from meetings and some of our club activities such as the letters to Law Enforcement or Media letters.

Last edited:

Tom Gresham

I had a good talk with the reporter after Sheriff Williams told me he never said those things (which he was quoted as saying), and also said he never talked with the reporter.

After talking to both of them, I believe the reporter, and I think the reporter got the story accurately. I think the Sheriff is crawfishing after he was exposed saying something dumb.

georg jetson

I had a good talk with the reporter after Sheriff Williams told me he never said those things (which he was quoted as saying), and also said he never talked with the reporter.

After talking to both of them, I believe the reporter, and I think the reporter got the story accurately. I think the Sheriff is crawfishing after he was exposed saying something dumb.

Thanks for the follow up Tom!!

kimber10mm

Sheriff Williams of St Helena Parish has decided to IGNORE STATE LAW and is threatening to arrest anyone carrying "assault weapons" in their CAR in ST. Helena Parish.

well just look at the parish st helena aint one of the best law abiding parishes in the state that for sure when i first read the artical i asked when will these people call this jackass out and make him backup what he said he would then be in the same cell as past idiots of that parish

Daylen

Sheriff Williams of St Helena Parish has decided to IGNORE STATE LAW and is threatening to arrest anyone carrying "assault weapons" in their CAR in ST. Helena Parish.

well just look at the parish st helena aint one of the best law abiding parishes in the state that for sure when i first read the artical i asked when will these people call this jackass out and make him backup what he said he would then be in the same cell as past idiots of that parish

Please, use proper punctuation or at least periods; perhaps some capitalized words as well. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just having a hard time understanding the meaning of what you are writing.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Please, use proper punctuation or at least periods; perhaps some capitalized words as well. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just having a hard time understanding the meaning of what you are writing.

Wellatleastheusedspacesbetweenhiswordsotherwiseitwouldbeevenhardertoread....give him a break... :)

georg jetson

Wellatleastheusedspacesbetweenhiswordsotherwiseitwouldbeevenhardertoread....give him a break... :)

Yep... give 'em a break... and some food stamps while you're at it... I'm sure he can't wipe his own a$$ either so how 'bout helping him with that too...

Of course this is a forum for people who intend to carry a firearm openly in order to be responsible citizens. Why would we let ignorance get in the way of that?

I'm not trying to be mean either...

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yep... give 'em a break... and some food stamps while you're at it... I'm sure he can't wipe his own a$$ either so how 'bout helping him with that too...

Of course this is a forum for people who intend to carry a firearm openly in order to be responsible citizens. Why would we let ignorance get in the way of that?

Wow, you took that in another direction. I was just talking about his grammar. I was trying to to inject a little humor and point out that it could be worse. Yes, I find poor typing and grammar annoying as well, but where is the food stamp stuff coming from? Sounds like a personal attack to me.

Last edited:

Daylen

Wow, you took that in another direction. I was just talking about his grammar. I was trying to to inject a little humor and point out that it could be worse. Yes, I find poor typing and grammar annoying as well, but where is the food stamp stuff coming from? Sounds like a personal attack to me.

...and you thought I was being harsh :eek: