• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March Meetup Madness

garand_guy

Based on some interested displayed in another post, I'd like to host an open carry meetup with some of my fellow folks who are new to open carry. Veterans welcome, of course. Now, this doesn't have to be a big, formal get together, as some may want to get together sooner rather than later. So I'd like to solicit idea and opinions on when and where to get together this month.

I'll pass out a couple of free cards to each armed attendee!

z28power

I'm in the South part of town, Silverado Ranch/Anthem area and would be down to meet there, or anywhere really sometime this weekend. It could be separate from this meetup since it's short notice, I just want to OC with some people that are comfortable with it and get it out of the way so I can start doing it regularly once I get over the jitters. :)

Is Sierra Gold a PT's establishment now?

garand_guy

Sierra Gold is the classy arm of PTs. I think a late March group thing (maybe BBQ?) would be cool. We can do a small group, too.

brettf22raptor

If we do something this weekend I'm down. I leave town on Sunday so it'd have to be sometime Saturday. Yes, Sierra Gold is part of PT's and is very OC friendly. That's where our last meetup was at. :)

Last edited:

garand_guy

I work Sunday until 5:30, so anything this weekend (if I were to attend) would have to be Saturday evening or Sunday evening. Y'all can go with out me, if need be. I've gotten a few PMs indicating a more urgent thing, so if we can do a few people on short notice, let's do it!

garand_guy

Oh yeah, personally, I vote for tonight around 6ish at a PT/Sierra Gold unless someone knows someplace else that would love to have our business.

z28power

I just saw this. I'm down for 615 at Sierra gold

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

garand_guy

The same one as the Feb meetup, Warm Springs and Stephanie, to anyone who wants to attend. 6:15. Sorry about the late notice!

Maybe a bigger BBQ or less-spontaneous even for those who can't make it?

z28power

Yup, I'm meeting garand guy there shortly for anybody else that cares to join

Last edited:

garand_guy

We had a really good time, anyone who is interested, let's do something towards the end of the month. BBQ?

z28power

Yup good time was had. Waitress was super nice and even asked why we carry if we weren't cops. Garand used the chance and hawked one of his open carry business cards

garand_guy

Yup good time was had. Waitress was super nice and even asked why we carry if we weren't cops. Garand used the chance and hawked one of his open carry business cards

I should put my phone number on there, lol

z28power

Park meetup sounds like a fun idea, espcially with the weather improving so quickly! What about the 22nd or 29th?

SharpShootur

Hey guys! I'm sooo sorry I missed the last meet up. I got caught up at work (sometimes I'm on call). I'm glad you guys had fun! :D Bullets and Beers are ALWAYS nice! ;) Beats guns and coffee any day I say. I see you guys want BBQ! LOVE BBQ! I would love to go. I just need a week or so notice. Like the 29th so far looks good! So garand_guy, if a quorum you want, a quorum you got! What's a good BBQ joint?! And by the way, thanks for the PM.

Who else is interested?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
29th is out for me, but never plan based on my schedule. It can always change at the last minute anyway, so I'll always just show up when I can.

I do not know great BBQ, but I can tell you that Famous Dave's has been open carry friendly in the past.

z28power

I had a death in the family last night and don't be able to make neither the 22nd nor the 29th. I would love to see another get together soon though, and will post anything if I want to get an impromptu drink and gun chat together.