• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Matt Bevin - Our Pro-2A US Senate Candidate

Liberty4Ever

Please vote for Matt Bevin on Tuesday, May 20th!

I did nine volunteer gun shows to educate gun owners about Matt Bevin, renting the tables and giving up my weekends traveling all over the state to help Kentucky gun owners know the truth about senator McConnell's hidden anti-gun voting record. Yes, he's voted pro-gun on some issues, but he's also voted for trigger lock bills from Barbara Boxer and others, he voted for anti-gun propaganda in public schools, he voted to ban 14 "assault weapons", he voted to mandate that gun locks be sold with each firearm which adds about $10 to the retail cost of guns when most of us secure our firearms using other means, he didn't lift a finger to stop the appointment of anti-gun Todd Jones to head the BATFE, and he voted against senator Rand Paul's bill to protect gun owners personal data from federal government data collection under the USA PATRIOT Act.

Matt Bevin is a candidate who is not shy about his support for our unalienable right to keep and bear arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLqx3I3VXhw

Please, no comments about Matt's use of the tea cup grip which has now fallen out of favor. :)

To say that I’ve watched this race would be an understatement. The recent SurveyUSA poll was the only reliable poll in almost two months, which is very odd in such a contested and important race. I’m surprised to see Matt Bevin trailing McConnell by 20 points. I suppose I’m guilty of not watching TV so I miss those millions of dollars worth of lobbyist funded ads designed to smear Matt Bevin and return McConnell to the US Senate yet again. Lobbyists own him and continue to invest in him. Will Kentuckians vote for 36 years of McConnell? It’s difficult to imagine. Congress has a 12% approval rating but 93% of incumbents are reelected. The lobbyist funded lies and dirty tricks work. It’s obvious that our political system selects for these traits, and we’re getting the career politicians that our apathetic and misinformed electorate deserve.

Hopefully, not this time. We have a great candidate in one hand and a 30 year career politician in the other. The choice couldn’t be clearer. Please, Kentucky, vote for Matt Bevin to represent us. Don’t vote for more of the big government sellout we’ve been getting.

McConnell not only voted for the TARP-1 bailout six years ago, he whipped the votes to pass it and then went on TV and bragged about it being the US Senate at its finest, but now claims he’s against bailouts. McConnell voted for Obamacare during the critical cloture vote (Motion to Invoke Cloture on H.J. Res. 59, September 27, 2013) and undermined the new senators we sent to Congress to repeal Obamacare, but he tells us he’s against Obamacare. McConnell votes for unfunded pork spending to run up the debt and he’s a consistent vote for the debt ceiling increases that keep enabling the national debt to increase, but he tells us he’s a fiscal conservative. McConnell didn’t lift a finger to stop Gina McCarthy from becoming the head of the EPA, knowing she was Obama’s general in his war against coal, thousands of Kentucky coal jobs have been eliminated, and McConnell tells us he’s a friend of the coal industry. Pick any issue, and you can see McConnell doing one thing and telling us the opposite at election time.

Our government is no longer a government by and for the people. It’s been taken over by career politicians who believe they’re entitled to be our rulers. If Kentucky Republican primary voters nominate Mitch McConnell on Tuesday, I can only conclude that they’re suffering from the political version of Stockholm Syndrome, and they now identify with their captors.

If you vote for McConnell on Tuesday, at least be honest enough to look at his 30 year record in the US Senate and admit to yourself that you are an advocate of big government and you’re not a conservative.

http://mattbevin.com

https://mattbevin.com/learn/candidate-comparison

https://mattbevin.com/issue/second-amendment

Last edited:

Midwest

Please vote for Matt Bevin on Tuesday, May 20th!
If Kentucky Republican primary voters nominate Mitch McConnell on Tuesday, I can only conclude that they’re suffering from the political version of Stockholm Syndrome, and they now identify with their captors.

If you vote for McConnell on Tuesday, at least be honest enough to look at his 30 year record in the US Senate and admit to yourself that you are an advocate of big government and you’re not a conservative.

Thanks for the information, but why did McConnell earn an A+ Rating from the NRA?

Liberty4Ever

Thanks for the information, but why did McConnell earn an A+ Rating from the NRA?

The NRA is a large and splintered organization. The Friends of the NRA for example does a lot of great stuff, funding programs that teach kids to shoot, preserving and enhancing our shooting heritage, etc. The NRA does a lot of great work promoting gun safety. However, the political end of the NRA is the NRA-PVF, their political victory fund PAC. They're VERY incumbent friendly. As a friend of mine said, they've invested a lot of money in Mitch McConnell over the 30 years he's been in office, and they want to protect that investment. I think they'd rather have a so-so second amendment career politician that they can count on to vote against the worst of the worst in gun control legislation (don't take our hunting rifles) instead of a new legislator who is unabashedly pro-Constitution and pro-2A.

The Gun Owners of America has earned a reputation for being a no-compromise gun rights organization, and they have strongly endorsed Matt Bevin in this race.

Again, the NRA does a lot of good, and I don't want this to devolve into an NRA bashing thread, but please realize that they tend to play politics and you might be surprised at the sides they choose sometimes. As a couple of quick examples, you can search for "Joaquin Jackson NRA" on YouTube, or read about the NRA's involvement in the legendary Heller Decision on Wikipedia. Here, I saved you the trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller#National_Rifle_Association

The NRA had an event for McConnell at the Jefferson County Sportsman's Club a month or so ago. They sent emails AND mailed written invitations to their Kentucky members. About ten of us had a nice Bevin sign wave a mile away to welcome the 65 NRA members who attended. 65 isn't many from all of Kentucky. McConnell apparently spoke for 55 seconds. Many of the NRA members were not impressed. After that, a friend and I set up the big ugly Bevin box truck (a purely volunteer effort) at Knob Creek Range for the big machine gun shoot. Kenny allowed Matt to speak over the intercom to the 8000 people in attendance. Probably 6500 were Kentucky Republican primary voters. Kenny let us park the Bevin Box Truck in his driveway, on the path to and from the firing line. We gave away over a hundred bumper stickers (all we had) and 250 Bevin yard signs. The crowds filing out of the machine gun shoot were rowdy. Typical comments directed at the RETIRE MITCH sign ran the gamut.

"He's been there too long and he needs to go."

"I can't stand that guy."

"@#^% THAT TRAITOR!"

I didn't feel much McConnell love at the gun shows I did for Matt, either. Kentucky gun owners know that McConnell isn't a gun guy, although he pretends to be because he knows he can't be reelected in Kentucky if we know how he really feels about gun owners. I've found that, rhetoric aside, big government career politicians are not in favor of a citizen's right to keep and bear arms. It's something of a litmus test. I try not to be a single issue voter, but if I had to pick one issue, the right to bear arms is a good one.

Matt came to four of the gun shows I did and talked to a lot of gun owners, and he got a very warm welcome. The video stalker who follows him everywhere was ejected from the Lexington gun show. Video recording isn't allowed at gun shows. Heh heh heh. That was sweet. There are actually two video stalkers. They record hundreds of hours of video so McConnell or Grimes can take something out of context for one of their lying attack ads. The McConnell video stalker is also there to intimidate people who might support Matt Bevin. People have gotten calls. "Why were you at that Bevin event?" Lots of slimy sleazy politics going on behind the scenes in this race.

Midwest

I remember going to the Mt Sterling Court Days some years back and there were people handing out "Ditch Mitch" information. That was the first time I heard about dumping Mitch for someone else. I don't remember who was opposing Mitch at the time...it might have been Bevin...I just don't recall.

Last edited:

Liberty4Ever

I'll be voting ! as I have every election and primary for the last 30 years. I never miss one.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you'll be an informed voter. Thank you! Many aren't. They stumble into the voting booth and vote based on seeing a yard sign on the way to the polling location, because they like the sound of a candidate's name, in response to seeing some 100% fact free attack ads on TV (while telling people they don't pay attention to the negative ads), or they just vote for the incumbent. I swear, I think they'd be less dangerous to our society if they were driving while drunk rather than voting while ignorant.

Voting Tip: If you're going to be an uninformed voter or low information voter, vote against the incumbent instead of voting for them. If you want things to be better instead of worse, voting the bums out is usually the better vote. There's a reason that Congress has a 9-16% approval rating. Nine times out of ten, voting out the incumbent is a good vote.

Like gutshot, I'm frustrated with the electorate. How can they be so apathetic that they won't vote, or so willfully misinformed and still vote?

KRM59

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you'll be an informed voter. Thank you! Many aren't. They stumble into the voting booth and vote based on seeing a yard sign on the way to the polling location, because they like the sound of a candidate's name, in response to seeing some 100% fact free attack ads on TV (while telling people they don't pay attention to the negative ads), or they just vote for the incumbent. I swear, I think they'd be less dangerous to our society if they were driving while drunk rather than voting while ignorant.

Voting Tip: If you're going to be an uninformed voter or low information voter, vote against the incumbent instead of voting for them. If you want things to be better instead of worse, voting the bums out is usually the better vote. There's a reason that Congress has a 9-16% approval rating. Nine times out of ten, voting out the incumbent is a good vote.

Like gutshot, I'm frustrated with the electorate. How can they be so apathetic that they won't vote, or so willfully misinformed and still vote?

Signs and commercials carry no influence in my vote. I do pay attention to the actions and records of the individuals.

Liberty4Ever

McConnell sucks. I'll never vote for him again.

Matt Bevin will be getting my vote.:banana:

Please reach out to a friend or family member! With all of these apathetic voters staying home and uninformed/misinformed voters who just vote for the incumbent devil they know, sharing what you know about the candidates and motivating someone you know to vote who otherwise wouldn't is a way of doubling or tripling your informed vote. Flipping the default McConnell voters is doubly good, because it's one less vote for McConnell AND one more vote for Matt!

I'm not a people person and unlike most political volunteers, I don't want to get chummy with a candidate. However, I spent enough time around Matt these past eight months to get a good feel for who he is, and I genuinely like him. You'd never know it from the vicious attack ads and mud slinging, but he's a very decent and honorable man. You can tell a lot about someone from their children, and Matt's nine kids are a joy! They're happy and energetic, but polite and VERY well behaved. Kudos to Matt and Glenna!

I got the call late Wednesday night to ask if I'd volunteer to drive their 12 passenger Sprinter van they normally use to haul their nine kids (four are adopted). Glenna calls the 12 passenger van "Apollo 12". :) They needed a chase vehicle for the bus tour... tomorrow. I ended up spending about three hours on Thursday with Matt in the van. I tried to be quiet and let him rest or make calls, but we talked most of that time. If he's not the real deal, I'll eat my hat.

I got up at 4 AM on Thursday to be in Louisville for the 6 AM bus tour departure. The bus stayed in Florence after the last event, and Matt drove Apollo 12 back to Louisville with his family, and me in the passenger seat. He dropped me at my truck in the parking lot of the campaign office and took his tired family home. He campaigns like this every day, and has for almost a year. I don't know how he does it. I spent a few minutes securing the load of 4' X 8' campaign signs in the back of my truck and was about to leave when I looked up to see Matt pulling back into the parking lot with his wife and nine kids. He said they never saw me leave, and wanted to make sure I was OK. Their day started at 5 AM or earlier, it was past midnight, and he was concerned about me. This is NOT your typical self serving politician.