• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May 31 open carry at Your local Home depot.

dakatak87

For all of April and May I have been in the Spanaway location many times. Each time OC. Not one word said to me from anybody. And I still have some things on my list to pick up.

Jeff Hayes

Please do not go out of your way to OC at Home Depot or any where else for that matter on a particular day. I have been to Home Depot in Spokane OC about 10 times in the last 2 months. We are attempting to normalize OC not schedule OC days at businesses. Keep this up and we will find more and more limits placed on OC. I am not saying not to OC at Home Depot just to only do it if you would have gone there anyway. Who starts this stupid **** anyway?

F350

Please do not go out of your way to OC at Home Depot or any where else for that matter on a particular day. I have been to Home Depot in Spokane OC about 10 times in the last 2 months. We are attempting to normalize OC not schedule OC days at businesses. Keep this up and we will find more and more limits placed on OC. I am not saying not to OC at Home Depot just to only do it if you would have gone there anyway. Who starts this stupid **** anyway?

+1,000

I have OCed in HD in 3 states and never had a problem, don't go pushing companies into corners.

Last edited:

decklin

I see OC'ers weekly at the Bonney Lake Home Depot. I don't understand why people feel the need to get on a soap box at a private business that is fine with OC. On top of that Home Depot has a very strict no solicitation policy.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Who starts this stupid **** anyway?

don't go pushing companies into corners.

.......I don't understand why people feel the need to get on a soap box at a private business that is fine with OC......

I go to HD on a regular basis and have NEVER had a problem with them. I do not care what your "cause" may be, if you attempt to "shove it down my throat" you will meet resistance, even if I am on your side. IMHO a small, but vocal group keeps poking the bear and I am going to have to pay for it. Normalization of holstered handguns is supposed to be our goal. We must stop alienating the very public we need for support. We cannot be visible if our butts are banned from every restaurant and coffee shop.

Contrarian

open carry conundrum...

+1,000

I have OCed in HD in 3 states and never had a problem, don't go pushing companies into corners.

Ok, gonna get stepped on here, but...........

Reading all of the comments in THIS thread about not being obnoxious about open carry and the supportive responses; then looking at another thread (Texas Open Carry mostly) and the majority of the responses are petty, snippy and vindictive towards other members.

As I see it, anytime you force a reaction you cannot be surprised when it goes bad on you.
Open carry long arms in Texas for example: only way to OC in that state.
Now, more businesses are deciding to limit guns in their establishments.
They were forced into this - if no one had been in their face about open carry the MDA loonies would have stayed home.

This does not mean quit the fight, but perhaps consider where to start the fight: public buildings or areas where a private business owner can't lock the door in your face and feel good about it.
If open carry is to be seen as a common occurrence by the public it should begin in public areas, not where it can be restricted.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I haven't heard anything about it on facebook. When I get dressed I decide if I will OC or CC, dress accordingly, and then do whatever I was going to do, I don't schedule when are where I will OC for OCs sake unless it's like a specific gun rights related event.

I hate to agree with EMN, but this time he got it right :)

bc.cruiser

I go to HD on a regular basis and have NEVER had a problem with them. I do not care what your "cause" may be, if you attempt to "shove it down my throat" you will meet resistance, even if I am on your side. IMHO a small, but vocal group keeps poking the bear and I am going to have to pay for it. Normalization of holstered handguns is supposed to be our goal. We must stop alienating the very public we need for support. We cannot be visible if our butts are banned from every restaurant and coffee shop.

Likewise.

HD is just one of the many places I go while armed. It is also one of the many places in which no one seems to be concerned about it.

Didn't the Starbucks "support days" teach anything?

solus

wish there was a HD nearby, but lowes employees and patrons do not blink an eye when they see me OC'g.

i just wish everyone would leave these establishments alone and everyone quit pushing an local agendas which affects everyone nationally.

some folk still cling to their rhetoric they believe they have to be antagonistic to the beast no matter what the cost to everyone else, especially since they didn't learn from their first early missteps. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...nd-chile-s-join-the-ban&p=2064848#post2064848

ipse

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

wish there was a HD nearby, but lowes employees and patrons do not blink an eye when they see me OC'g.

i just wish everyone would leave these establishments alone and everyone quit pushing an local agendas which affects everyone nationally.

some folk still cling to their rhetoric they believe they have to be antagonistic to the beast no matter what the cost to everyone else, especially since they didn't learn from their first early missteps. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...nd-chile-s-join-the-ban&p=2064848#post2064848

ipse

How about this, just OC going about your daily business.

Why should anyone support pushing these buttons at any business? There are buttons that are okay to push, but this is not one of them.

Jeff Hayes

Exactly correct

Ajetpilot

Absolutely correct!

kparker

Please do not go out of your way to OC at Home Depot or any where else for that matter on a particular day. ... We are attempting to normalize OC not schedule OC days at businesses. Keep this up and we will find more and more limits placed on OC. I am not saying not to OC at Home Depot just to only do it if you would have gone there anyway. Who starts this stupid **** anyway?

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Anybody have a link to this FB item so I can join/follow/whatever and comment my strong disapproval?