• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts

amlevin

Same argument could be applied to OC activism and State Preemption. You push at libraries, parks, and other public places and pretty soon every elected official will be actively working against preemption. Eventually shifting demographics and attrition will cause them to win. Maybe.

Simply a matter of "When", not "If".

Something to consider-----Record numbers of people have obtained CONCEALED Pistol Licenses. Almost 1/2 million at last count. How many would you say Open Carry in this State on a given day, compared to those who are carrying Concealed?

It might just be a message as to what the majority of our State's citizens prefer.

Vitaeus

Simply a matter of "When", not "If".

Something to consider-----Record numbers of people have obtained CONCEALED Pistol Licenses. Almost 1/2 million at last count. How many would you say Open Carry in this State on a given day, compared to those who are carrying Concealed?

It might just be a message as to what the majority of our State's citizens prefer.

It could also be that as a "Shall Issue" state with a silly requirement to carry loaded in a vehicle most folks consider the $55 well spent. It could also be that folks don't understand that the CPL is NOT required to own or carry a firearm, many states back east have one or both of these as requirements. Just a matter of education.

kinggabby

Don't be surprised to find that the franchise owners are able to make their own policy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
I have not found a McDonald's in Oklahoma City that was not posted. So yes your right they don't follow what the state laws or what corporate McDonald's say.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I have not found a McDonald's in Oklahoma City that was not posted. So yes your right they don't follow what the state laws or what corporate McDonald's say.

OK, this is the WA thread, and the crappy Micky D's in WA have no issue. The couple that I've had the unfortunate pleasure to go in had no issue, also in WA signs carry no legal weight. I didn't care for SB coffee anyway, I only went to meet others in the area.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Yes pick the next one to be put in a position of taking a stance, we can clearly see history repeating itself.
I'm not saying not to gather but make the outings less in your face, i.e. New t-shirts, bring news attention to their business about people bringing their guns but more inline of knowing your rights.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

OK, this is the WA thread, and the crappy Micky D's in WA have no issue. The couple that I've had the unfortunate pleasure to go in had no issue, also in WA signs carry no legal weight. I didn't care for SB coffee anyway, I only went to meet others in the area.

that was a little harsh, he was only making an observation, keep in mind that if stores in OKC will limit OC then stores in Washington are free to do the same thing.

signs carry no legal weight specifically. could a prosecutor make the case that you knew you were trespassing if you violated a no-gun sign on a private establishment? maybe so, so saying "signs carry no weight" while technically correct, may be quite different in practicality, you think an aggressive Deputy Prosecuting Attorney who wants to make a name for him/herself to run for a judge in a liberal city's municipal court couldn't charge you with trespass for violating a gun buster and make you explain why you violated entry conditions to a judge/jury and not considered it trespass? I'm certain they could make a prima facie case for regular trespass. just need an anti gun prosecutor and anti-gun business person.

fire suppressor

Good information to know. The problem I normally see is not a business policy but the specific stores manager either not knowing what the corporate policy is and miss quoting it or just not caring all together and making one up

Trigger Dr

Before we get into another tizzy, in your face local coffee meet up, why not consider having your monthly meets at the residence of one of the oc people? This would rotate through the local group, have the same friendly atmosphere, educate the neighbors, maybe even get them to join in.
The local OC coffee club moving from a business to a private, but open setting would do more for normalizing than the recent*$ folly. JMHO

Alpine

The logic that we shouldn't meet at a certain business for OC because the same thing might eventually happen there that happened with Starbucks is exactly what the anti-gun people want...

Keep in mind, for every guy going into SB with a big black rifle or shotgun slung over their shoulder there were just as many obnoxious hoplophobes protesting and making asses out of themselves too, however, did Starbucks tell the anti-gun people that they weren't welcome? No, they clearly took a side, and that side should have been predicted given their liberal/progressive company officers and board members.

Lovenox

The "look at me" demonstration of gun rights will only bring about business exercising their property rights by banning weapons.

No business that depends on the general population will make the necessary decisions to not be used as a political platform for one groups agenda, what ever the message, be it guns, gay rights, religion, political or whatever. It all costs them money, and that is bad for business.

This notion that some are accused of some narcissistic need to be looked at just because they are exercising their rights is in my opinion at least if not more damaging than the testicleless "policy change" from Starbucks. Secondly, Chic-Fil-La defies the second half of your statement.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/09/25/5194235/gun-malfunctions-prevents-possible.html
FORT WORTH — A potential mass shooting at a fast-food restaurant was averted Tuesday night when a would-be robber’s gun malfunctioned as he pulled the trigger multiple times, police said.
When the gunman stepped outside and tried again, shots rang out, prompting one officer to suggest that divine intervention played a role in the outcome.
Fort Worth police say surveillance video captured the man pulling the trigger at least five times as he pointed his gun at people inside the McDonald’s at 4800 South Freeway while demanding their property.

I hope this does not change the "follow state law" rule that McD has. No one else was armed but the "crazy man".

sudden valley gunner

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/09/25/5194235/gun-malfunctions-prevents-possible.html
FORT WORTH — A potential mass shooting at a fast-food restaurant was averted Tuesday night when a would-be robber’s gun malfunctioned as he pulled the trigger multiple times, police said.
When the gunman stepped outside and tried again, shots rang out, prompting one officer to suggest that divine intervention played a role in the outcome.
Fort Worth police say surveillance video captured the man pulling the trigger at least five times as he pointed his gun at people inside the McDonald’s at 4800 South Freeway while demanding their property.

I hope this does not change the "follow state law" rule that McD has. No one else was armed but the "crazy man".

Now if only it was an armed citizen who stopped the threat.

"prompting one officer to suggest that divine intervention played a role in the outcome"-utter ridiculousness, I guess God didn't love the kids in Connecticut.

Logan 5

What are your plans, guys? If a place says it's open to open carry, are you gonna take your rifles in there, too? What if they say they're open to homosexuality, are ya gonna flop your wifey on a table and bang her right there?

Do not do to other establishments what happened at Starbucks. Otherwise you might as well throw your guns away and join the Brady Bunch.

sudden valley gunner

What are your plans, guys? If a place says it's open to open carry, are you gonna take your rifles in there, too? What if they say they're open to homosexuality, are ya gonna flop your wifey on a table and bang her right there?

Do not do to other establishments what happened at Starbucks. Otherwise you might as well throw your guns away and join the Brady Bunch.

:rolleyes: utter silliness.