• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Media Advisory From Councilman Steve Ross

Cisco

I hope this does not mean that they will be infringing on our rights.

***MEDIA ADVISORY***

Mayor Goodman To Hold News Conference Thursday
Mayor To Be Joined By Sheriff Doug Gillespie And Jeff Victor From The Fremont Street Experience To Discuss Changes On Fremont Street

Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman will hold a news conference at 9:45 a.m. Thursday, June 5, in her conference room on the 7th floor of City Hall, located at 495 S. Main St. The mayor will be joined by Sheriff Doug Gillespie, Fremont Street Experience President Jeff Victor, City Manager Betsy Fretwell, City Attorney Brad Jerbic, and others to discuss what is being done to address some of the issues on the Experience.

“Our downtown has seen wonderful growth and excitement, and we want to make sure that momentum continues in a positive way,” said Mayor Goodman. “Our top priority is public safety and at the same time we want our visitors to have a great experience. We are working on changes to keep it that way.”

The news conference will be video recorded, and replayed on the city’s government access television station, KCLV, on Thursday at 4 p.m. and 11 p.m., Friday at 6 p.m. and Saturday at 1 p.m.

Bernymac

I hope this does not mean that they will be infringing on our rights.

***MEDIA ADVISORY***

Mayor Goodman To Hold News Conference Thursday
Mayor To Be Joined By Sheriff Doug Gillespie And Jeff Victor From The Fremont Street Experience To Discuss Changes On Fremont Street

Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman will hold a news conference at 9:45 a.m. Thursday, June 5, in her conference room on the 7th floor of City Hall, located at 495 S. Main St. The mayor will be joined by Sheriff Doug Gillespie, Fremont Street Experience President Jeff Victor, City Manager Betsy Fretwell, City Attorney Brad Jerbic, and others to discuss what is being done to address some of the issues on the Experience.

“Our downtown has seen wonderful growth and excitement, and we want to make sure that momentum continues in a positive way,” said Mayor Goodman. “Our top priority is public safety and at the same time we want our visitors to have a great experience. We are working on changes to keep it that way.”

The news conference will be video recorded, and replayed on the city’s government access television station, KCLV, on Thursday at 4 p.m. and 11 p.m., Friday at 6 p.m. and Saturday at 1 p.m.

Nothing good comes out of this phrase! :shocker:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Nothing good comes out of this phrase! :shocker:

Funny how I was thinking very similarly. Master-replanning of mostly private property has some very serious issues, so I hope people's property and other rights aren't being trampled in the process.