• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Forum Moderators

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Taking my personal time to count up your posts one by one and tabulating the number of days since you registered indicates an average of 0.50 posts per day on your account.

OTOH - by the same method, I average 8.80 posts per day on OCDO. That yields a net difference of 8.3 posts/da - you should be able to achieve and maintain that level of activity in 40 min. max each day leaving you 20 minutes to drink your coffee........and that is if mufti-tasking is not an option.

If that free 20 minutes were instead utilized for posting, you could reach an accelerated rate of 13.20 postings per day. In five (5) years you will have added 25,000 posts to your total. Problem you will have then though is that some young gun looking to make a name for himself will come looking for you and most likely shoot you in the back using shady logic loads.

You can achieve the same level of notoriety by posting an extreme amount of "bumps" on old threads and/or a lot of +1 on every thread you can find.....even if they are not in your "home state".

:lol:......:lol:......(That was fun, but I've got to go some adult things and post some more!) hint: drag cursor between parenthesis :lol:.....:lol:
+1

Ezerharden

Looking at some pictures of MOC events, etc... I know the face now. No worries, I don't think that I spoke with you. I spent most of my time talking with a person who is a rather recent CCer and his wife/girlfriend (can't remember which). I was trying to get him to see the positives of OC and answering some of his concerns. He didn't fit the "typical" picture of a Michigan gun owner that one tends to develop over time, and I noticed that no one was really talking to him; I decided to strike up a conversation. So, although I didn't get to spend time meeting some people that have been on my "Need-To-Meet list", I am very glad I got to speak with a very interesting person who hopefully sees OC in a new light.

Well I was pretty well chained to the table. Between people asking questions and the fact moving was very difficult for me, I stayed put for the most part.

OC for ME

Taking my personal time to count up your posts one by one and tabulating the number of days since you registered indicates an average of 0.50 posts per day on your account.

OTOH - by the same method, I average 8.80 posts per day on OCDO. That yields a net difference of 8.3 posts/da - you should be able to achieve and maintain that level of activity in 40 min. max each day leaving you 20 minutes to drink your coffee........and that is if mufti-tasking is not an option.

If that free 20 minutes were instead utilized for posting, you could reach an accelerated rate of 13.20 postings per day. In five (5) years you will have added 25,000 posts to your total. Problem you will have then though is that some young gun looking to make a name for himself will come looking for you and most likely shoot you in the back using shady logic loads.

You can achieve the same level of notoriety by posting an extreme amount of "bumps" on old threads and/or a lot of +1 on every thread you can find.....even if they are not in your "home state".

:lol:......:lol:......(That was fun, but I've got to go some adult things and post some more!) hint: drag cursor between parenthesis :lol:.....:lol:
bs.gif
Add in the time you "work" that is not visible to the rest of the forum members. Posting, regardless content, is just one of your duties/hobbies. Unless of course deleting or locking a thread counts as a "post."

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Good greif! I'm out of circulation for a bit, and everything goes pear shaped & sideways....

Doctor gave me permission to play on the internet, as long as I'm looking straight down. Sure, it's all fun & games until someone loses an eye (at least temporarily)....:eek:

See you tomorrow at the fundraiser at Big Boy in Grandville. I assume that got stickied?:uhoh:

Ezerharden

Good greif! I'm out of circulation for a bit, and everything goes pear shaped & sideways....

Doctor gave me permission to play on the internet, as long as I'm looking straight down. Sure, it's all fun & games until someone loses an eye (at least temporarily)....:eek:

See you tomorrow at the fundraiser at Big Boy in Grandville. I assume that got stickied?:uhoh:

Surgery for you too huh? Hope your doing better. I'm still under house arrest here from the wife lol.