• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan open carry reference chart

army74

imported post

stainless i need an answer on something went to my sons middle school dropped of a bottle of water got out of my car gave it to him and was told by hall moniter / police authority officers for the sake of the children not to openly carry a firearm on school grounds. A former police officer now a security guard told me we have ccw and we dont carry out in the open on school grounds so we ask you not 2. Ive previously met with the superintendent and school district attorney and they r fine with me doing that and i could walk to the door to drop off my kids. What a place i live in Seems like these people here are anti OC ers and violating my rights.

autosurgeon

imported post

army74 wrote:
stainless i need an answer on something went to my sons middle school dropped of a bottle of water got out of my car gave it to him and was told by hall moniter / police authority officers for the sake of the children not to openly carry a firearm on school grounds. A former police officer now a security guard told me we have ccw and we dont carry out in the open on school grounds so we ask you not 2. Ive previously met with the superintendent and school district attorney and they r fine with me doing that and i could walk to the door to drop off my kids. What a place i live in Seems like these people here are anti OC ers and violating my rights.
And asking you to break the law too :banghead:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Auto is right. You cannot CC even with a CPL on school grounds, unless you are in the parking lot.

If the school has given you the go ahead to OC then youre golden. Dont conceal it, you will get your CPL suspended for 6 months,the fine is 500$!

FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN, TEACH THEM ABOUT GUNS , GUN OWNERS, GUN SAFETY, AMERICAN HISTORY, AND MAYBE SOME LAW!!! It is a school.

Sorry to shout, but dayum!

langenc

As far as "federal bank"-I would bet that 98% of the population of MI have never been in a "FEDERAL BANK" and I dont even know where to find one!!

xzosimusx

Hey guys, Im a new OCer and was looking for a copy of this chart I keep hearing about on all the other forums, but when I look at the first post in this thread it just says "Carry Chart" and the rest is just blank :uhoh: can anyone repost it for me or send it to me in a PM so I can print off a couple copies?

Thanks! :confused:

stainless1911

Banned
ScannedImage-1.jpg