• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might be moving to Libby, or Trout Creek, or Troy...

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
Strong possibility that my wife and I might be moving from SD to Libby, or one of the other communities listed above? What are they like? We're coming from Rapid City in the Black Hills. moving for my job.

40s-and-wfan

You'll definitely be moving to a smaller town. Libby is the bigger of the three but still isn't that big. It's a nice area though and definitely has it's share of beautiful scenery and great hunting not far away!! Other than that, I can't say as I know much about it. I don't get over there too much.

therealcombat

I haven't lived in Kalispell, but have spent some time there. I like it. Also lots of cool places to go within driving distance.

MT GUNNY

I grew up in Libby, its 89 miles from Kalispell. Troy is very crappy, nothing but Drunks. stick to libby! Yes lots of close by hunting, fishing, Ect.

Last edited:

roadrider

Libby , is a good place to raise a family. And no problem with open carry:D
the cost of living is high in Libby, ie.. gas is 04cpg higher then kalispell, food is more. But on the plus side you can drive 5 min. and shoot your guns and go fishing.and housing cost less in Libby
Kalispell is about 1.5 hours away. and they just opened a super walmart:banana:

40s-and-wfan

I've gotta agree with MT GUNNY about Troy. Libby's not a bad place. The hunting is great and the scenery is marvelous too! There's just a few things that Kalispell has to offer that Libby doesn't!