• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

OC for ME

Why are people arguing with this troll? Bored?? (;

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk now Free
Yes.

The NYC cops have not, at this point, charged the SUV driver for any criminal activity. HandyHamlet disagrees with the cops inaction on this point. Several mob members have been charged with criminal activity. HandyHamlet seems to desire the focus be moved away from the mob's documented criminal acts and focus on the SUV driver's non-criminal acts by portraying them as criminal......the cops disagree with HandyHamlets assessment at this point.

I did not have to be there to know that the cops seem to be acting on the available facts that clearly support the majority position. The mob is the only responsible party at this point based on what the cops have done and the SUV driver acted within the confines of the law it seems based on what the cops have not done. HandyHamlet just don't like it.

Simplicity itself.

WalkingWolf

Yes.

The NYC cops have not, at this point, charged the SUV driver for any criminal activity. HandyHamlet disagrees with the cops inaction on this point. Several mob members have been charged with criminal activity. HandyHamlet seems to desire the focus be moved away from the mob's documented criminal acts and focus on the SUV driver's non-criminal acts by portraying them as criminal......the cops disagree with HandyHamlets assessment at this point.

I did not have to be there to know that the cops seem to be acting on the available facts that clearly support the majority position. The mob is the only responsible party at this point based on what the cops have done and the SUV driver acted within the confines of the law it seems based on what the cops have not done. HandyHamlet just don't like it.

Simplicity itself.

I have stopped wasting my time, he can believe what he wants, I will believe what is obvious. The police are acting properly and to me that is all that matters.

OC for ME

I have stopped wasting my time, he can believe what he wants, I will believe what is obvious. The police are acting properly and to me that is all that matters.
Well, I guess I should have stated what you just stated. Well done Sir.

I tend to bloviate, it seems.....just a tad.

I gotta work on that.

HandyHamlet

Yes.

Simplicity itself.

That's a lot of words you put in my mouth in a feeble effort to deflect. You could have just said you can't back up your claims and moved on. But that would have been honest.

OC for ME

I have deflected nothing. My position has been very clear. The mob are the criminals and the SUV driver is the victim. The cops seem to "agree" with my assessment of the incident based on their actions at this point in time. You disagree with the fact that the SUV driver was the victim and thus justified (no criminal acts committed) in the actions he took. Simplicity itself.

JustaShooter

Absolutely. Too bad that's not what the video shows. As we all can clearly see. The Squid did not come to a stop. Not even close. Not till after he was tagged...
Something happened between the Squid and the SUV...
Road rage between two parties that escalated

Circular? No. The Squid never tried to stop. The SUV Never tried to stop. Not till after he hit the squid. Fact...
NIce try. All I said is the video clearly shows the bike did not stop in front of the SUV as everyone claims. That's all I said. Not till after he was hit.
Post *your* proof. the video does not show the point of impact so you have no way of knowing if the squid did not stop before he was nudged by the SUV as you have alleged on a number of occasions. The video shows both parties slowing down quickly but does not show the moment the SUV bumped the bike.

The video also does not show a road rage incident between two parties as you allege.

Post your proof of both of these assertions or, as you put it, "put up or shut up"

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Screen.jpg
You disagree with the fact that the SUV driver was the victim and thus justified (no criminal acts committed) in the actions he took. Simplicity itself.

Finally, no insults. Thank you. Simplicity itself. I disagree with the lefty media and their claim the SUV driver was a victim. Simple.

Thanks again and have a great weekend. Not being sarcastic.

And dumb post of the day goes to...

Post *your* proof. the video does not show the point of impact so you have no way of knowing if the squid stopped before he was nudged by the SUV as you have alleged on a number of occasions. The video shows both parties slowing down quickly but does not show the moment the SUV bumped the bike.

I never claimed the squid stopped in front of the SUV (till after he was hit). And the driver admitted since day one he hit the guy. Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

Brace

Post *your* proof. the video does not show the point of impact so you have no way of knowing if the squid stopped before he was nudged by the SUV as you have alleged on a number of occasions. The video shows both parties slowing down quickly but does not show the moment the SUV bumped the bike.

Yes it does.

The people stating that what happened here was "obvious" are now basing their argument entirely on an appeal to authority; that and chanting "mob mob mob" repeatedly; which is disappointing, but really says everything that needs to be said.

JustaShooter

Sorry, mis-typed (and now corrected in my original post):

Absolutely. Too bad that's not what the video shows. As we all can clearly see. The Squid did not come to a stop. Not even close. Not till after he was tagged...
Something happened between the Squid and the SUV...
Road rage between two parties that escalated

Circular? No. The Squid never tried to stop. The SUV Never tried to stop. Not till after he hit the squid. Fact...
NIce try. All I said is the video clearly shows the bike did not stop in front of the SUV as everyone claims. That's all I said. Not till after he was hit.

Post *your* proof. the video does not show the point of impact so you have no way of knowing if the squid did not stop before he was nudged by the SUV as you have alleged on a number of occasions. The video shows both parties slowing down quickly but does not show the moment the SUV bumped the bike.

The video also does not show a road rage incident between two parties before the nudge, as you allege.

Post your proof of both of these assertions or, as you put it, "put up or shut up"

HandyHamlet

Post *your* proof. the video does not show the point of impact

Yes it does. Please see previous post. Screenshot posted per your request. You can ignore the confession the SUV idiot made the day of all you want. However childish.

The video also does not show a road rage incident between two parties before the nudge, as you allege.

Exactly. That's why I keep saying only the two idiots actually know what went down. Thanks for backing me up.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

Yes it does. Please see previous post. Screenshot posted per your request.

Your assertion is that the frame grab you posted shows the moment the SUV nudged the bike? Your eyes must be better than a photo analysis tool on CSI. Hardly - all you've posted is the frame just before the camera cuts away and it is your *opinion* that it shows the moment the SUV bumped the bike but the clarity is not good enough and the area dark enough that you cannot see it but for wishful thinking. I ask for proof. Put up or shut up, as you said.

You can ignore the confession the SUV idiot made the day of all you want. However childish.

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else as I've never claimed that the SUV driver did not bump the bike.

Exactly. That's why I keep saying only the two idiots actually know what went down. Thanks for backing me up.

Nope, not backing you up at all as what you claimed was that there *was* a road rage incident. I ask for proof. Put up or shut up, as you said.

HandyHamlet

Okay, point taken. THAT is the dumbest post of the day. Blows your previous one out of the water.

Congrats. Or whatever.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Frankly, this thread has served its purpose.

The innocent have been exonerated. The guilty have been charged (some of them, anyway).

No need for further discussion, it seems.