• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Lunch - Big Rapids

xmanhockey7

Come join us for lunch on Saturday April 28th.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...1bdc3,Big+Rapids,+MI&cid=12050324371787893879

Where: Cranker's Coney Island
213 South State Street
Big Rapids, MI 49307

When: 4/28/2012 @ 4:00 PM

Whether you are seasoned at Open Carry or trying it for the first time, join us. Have questions about Open Carry? This is a great opportunity to find out more about Open Carry.

If you could post if you are coming I'd really help me a lot as far as figuring out how many seats we'll need.

ANOTHER DATE AND TIME CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW SATURDAY THE 28th AT 4PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tenletters

Might be nice to go early, drive 12 miles north on 131 and do a walk around/shopping in Reed City where the Chief of Police has been quoted as saying "There will be no open carry in MY town". You know, just to make him aware he has no "town".

autosurgeon

Might be nice to go early, drive 12 miles north on 131 and do a walk around/shopping in Reed City where the Chief of Police has been quoted as saying "There will be no open carry in MY town". You know, just to make him aware he has no "town".
That was the same thing the Battle Creek Chief said a few years back.... he is no longer the Chief of anything.

tenletters

Do you all know that Cranker's Restaurant is presently closed, set to reopen soon, as Cranker's Micro Brewery, serving 6 lines of local beer?
Perhaps all better have cpl's?

xmanhockey7

Do you all know that Cranker's Restaurant is presently closed, set to reopen soon, as Cranker's Micro Brewery, serving 6 lines of local beer?
Perhaps all better have cpl's?
Thanks for the update. If they are open we can probably get the owner to sign off on us holding the event there for those who do not have a CPL.

xmanhockey7

I was at this Crankers on Tuesday and they are open. The brewery is still under construction. Today they were assembling the brew kettles.
Yeah I was told they don't even think they're closing. I keep missing the owner when I call. One waitress says she thinks they have a liquor license but the state website doesn't have them listed.

xmanhockey7

Well the lunch was a big success. An email sent out advertised 14 were coming so I told the restaurant 15. We had a total of 3 with a lot of table space left lol. Wished we could have had more but did enjoy meeting The Q and his wife.

TheQ

It was a pleasure meeting you, xman. Good luck in Indiana!

Again...thank you for setting this up.

Last edited: