• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Action after Target Now

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
A gun reform group on Wednesday called on discount retail chain Target to ban
the open carrying of firearms in its stores.

The petition from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America follows demonstrations by a pro-gun group
bringing long guns into Target stores.

Following the petition, Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder wrote in an email,
"The safety and security of our guests and team members is our highest priority.
Target does not sell firearms or ammunition and is committed to following all
state and federal laws. However, I don't have any specific information to share
regarding this organization."
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/gun-reform-group-aims-target-n122556

HPmatt

After Targets data breach debacle I doubt the new CEO will risk his job to p/o an unknown % of his customer base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
does not sell guns or ammunition

Maybe not, but these are all over the store.....
432px-Target_logo.svg.png

Sure looks gun friendly to me!

va_tazdad

The moms go after

Any location the mental giants in Texas post pictures of them being with their long guns.

Thank God they are in Texas and not Virginia, even though their actions are affecting us here.

Open Carry of a long gun is NOT for self defense. mIt is to show off and draw attention and so far, it hasn't been good for anyone but the ANTIs.

Congratulations Texas.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Any location the mental giants in Texas post pictures of them being with their long guns.

Thank God they are in Texas and not Virginia, even though their actions are affecting us here.

Open Carry of a long gun is NOT for self defense. mIt is to show off and draw attention and so far, it hasn't been good for anyone but the ANTIs.

Congratulations Texas.

I disagree .... it highlights what companies harbor anti sentiments. I want to know that.

People who complain? Are they offering to pay for the expenses of getting a CCW permit? No. Then shut up! Carry of rifles is legal and free.

Hopefully their actions result in gov't just allowing people to OC w/o any permitting or other BS requirements.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hopefully their actions result in gov't just allowing people to OC w/o any permitting or other BS requirements.

Yeah Right!

It's more likely to make government ban it completely.

In Virginia, we could carry concealed without a permit since 1909, in hand luggage. You could carry in a purse or briefcase or saddlebag.....that was until a monumentally stupid woman named Schaaf decided to take her gun into a Henrico Courthouse....After all, she had a right. The Deputy actually missed the gun while looking into her purse and this woman said "It's in the bottom"....What's in the bottom? I have a gun.

Well the rest is history. Even though case law said it was OK and had been in effect for 70 years, the Henrico Judges disagreed and convicted her.

She appealed to the supreme court who said: Verdict affirmed.

In the real world.....when stupid people go out of their way to piss the government off, the government rarely just sits back and allows it.

ron73440

Yeah Right!

It's more likely to make government ban it completely.

In Virginia, we could carry concealed without a permit since 1909, in hand luggage. You could carry in a purse or briefcase or saddlebag.....that was until a monumentally stupid woman named Schaaf decided to take her gun into a Henrico Courthouse....After all, she had a right. The Deputy actually missed the gun while looking into her purse and this woman said "It's in the bottom"....What's in the bottom? I have a gun.

Well the rest is history. Even though case law said it was OK and had been in effect for 70 years, the Henrico Judges disagreed and convicted her.

She appealed to the supreme court who said: Verdict affirmed.

In the real world.....when stupid people go out of their way to piss the government off, the government rarely just sits back and allows it.

I'm confused, if it was legal, how is it her fault?

I would blame the Govt a lot more than I would a woman following the law.

Unless I misunderstood and what she did was illegal.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm confused, if it was legal, how is it her fault?

I would blame the Govt a lot more than I would a woman following the law.

Unless I misunderstood and what she did was illegal.

That's the problem with a lot of OC'ers....They don't understand,,,and I mean no offence to you Ron.

Carrying it in her purse was perfectly legal and that court decision benefited everyone in Va.

Carrying it in the Court House was not legal and she knew damn well it wasn't. She was just exercising her rights AKA showing off.

Well, it backfired and adversely affected everyone in Va.

There is no such thing as fighting to keep rights without some discipline. If I'm in a firefight over my rights, I want to try to not get shot in the process.
If I'm demonstrating a right to gain acceptance, I try not to shock the people that I'm asking to accept that right.

There has been a lot of debate about Djeeper and his AR but the fact is, he looked like the poster boy for fashion today...while those two in Texas looked like the self fertilized offspring between Badger Johnson and his alter ego Sawah.

Lyndsy Simon

OC of longarms in the way that OCT is practicing isn't primarily intended as self-defense, or for "attention" - at least not how I percieve you mean it.

They are using longarm carry as political speech, to draw attention to the fact that handgun OC isn't legal. I don't believe it's effective for that purpose, but from a legal persepective I believe it would be protected under both the First and Second amendments. It's political speech.

Lyndsy Simon

I disagree .... it highlights what companies harbor anti sentiments. I want to know that.

People who complain? Are they offering to pay for the expenses of getting a CCW permit? No. Then shut up! Carry of rifles is legal and free.

Really?

Would you mind toning down the aggression just a tad? Your call to silence dissent is ineffective and honestly paints you in a bad light. No one is going to stop disagreeing with you because you yelled at them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ron, I'd like to point out that long arms are particularly vulnerable in Va. because they're partially exempted from preemption. The General Assembly let stand outdated hunting laws that have been used to ban loaded long guns in vehicles. Senator Garrett, the man who wants to be User, Sponsored SB368 this year that would allow CHP holders to have loaded long guns, but not lowly OC'ers. He freely admitted he doesn't consider long arm carry a 2A right.
Support for that bill was the last P4P straw for me.

BTW, I spoke to his office the other day and he already has more stupid legislation in the works for next session. SB stands for "Stupid Bill" to him.

With an anti gun Governor and spineless General assembly, it wouldn't take much to prohibit long gun carry in Va. except while hunting or target shooting, except by permit holders.

WalkingWolf

Legalities are of little concern to the state and their goons.

Of course, because some of the people pat them on the back, as long as it does not affect them directly. Problem is, the poop always flows down sooner or later and gets you. The answer is plug the poop hole to begin with.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Really?

Would you mind toning down the aggression just a tad? Your call to silence dissent is ineffective and honestly paints you in a bad light. No one is going to stop disagreeing with you because you yelled at them.
Some things you'll eventually learn about the poster to whom you addressed your post are 1) the poster shows up on nearly every thread to make non-contributory posts, and 2) "getting a clue" is a big, BIG request to make.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Yeah Right!
.....that was until a monumentally stupid woman named Schaaf decided to take her gun into a Henrico Courthouse....After all, she had a right. The Deputy actually missed the gun while looking into her purse and this woman said "It's in the bottom"....What's in the bottom? I have a gun.

A very interesting read! http://www.virginia1774.org/Schaaf.html

Maverick9

Except they're not a 'gun reform group', whatever that is. They're a bunch of extremists without a brain among them. You'd think women, a social group that has been abused historically would WANT a means of leveling the playing field and keep predators and abusers at bay.

They've totally missed the fact that it is THEY who should be carrying a firearm to protect themselves and their children.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Except they're not a 'gun reform group', whatever that is. They're a bunch of extremists without a brain among them. You'd think women, a social group that has been abused historically would WANT a means of leveling the playing field and keep predators and abusers at bay.

They've totally missed the fact that it is THEY who should be carrying a firearm to protect themselves and their children.

The strange part is there are men who are Moms Demanding Action. I can understand their level of pain, childbirth must have been extremely painful.

Lyndsy Simon

Some things you'll eventually learn about the poster to whom you addressed your post are 1) the poster shows up on nearly every thread to make non-contributory posts, and 2) "getting a clue" is a big, BIG request to make.

That's OK.

Asking someone to tone it down might not actually get them to do it, but it lets outsiders know that we don't accept that level of rhetoric as a social norm.

mikeyb

The strange part is there are men who are Moms Demanding Action. I can understand their level of pain, childbirth must have been extremely painful.

It's a stalker technique. Assimilate within the crowd. Eventually the "Demand Action" part will present itself.