• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moncton shooting: 3 RCMP officers dead, 2 wounded

scott58dh

A very sad incident indeed. :cry:

Prayers, for all the families, friends & co-workers involved.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Currently, I have a hard time shedding a tear for people who infringe on people's rights everyday.

Really, I care about them as much as they care about my rights ... zippo.

Law abider

""New Brunswick RCMP have confirmed that three officers were shot and killed and two other officers were wounded by a heavily armed gunman Wednesday evening in Moncton.

A police manhunt is still underway for Justin Bourque, 24. The RCMP say Bourque is considered "armed and dangerous."

The RCMP said the police received a call at 7:20 p.m. AT about a man wearing camouflage and carrying guns.""

link to article;> http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ting-3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-1.2665359

I have family in N.B. who (through marriage) have relatives in Moncton.

Unbelievable how the "Crazies" are just starting to indiscriminately shoot from the hip and all for what ?!?! *They* got offended by someone, sometime, somewhere !? Who knows ?

The Anti-Gun Laws in Canada are very strict and oppressive to their society.

A very sad incident indeed. :cry:

Prayers, for all the families, friends & co-workers involved.

My prayers too. By the way what is the status of 2A equivalent in Canada. No CCLers peeking out of their homes with their guns waiting for the cop killer to show up going past their home so they can take him down??

DW98

Also, you can't use ANY Firearm outside of your home on your own private property , even to shoot a pesky squirrel or some other type of varmint

So if you own a rural property, you can't hunt or shoot targets? Are you sure about that?

Firearms Iinstuctor

Gun politics in Canada is largely about registration.

link;> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada

Also, you can't use ANY Firearm outside of your home on your own private property , even to shoot a pesky squirrel or some other type of varmint.

*. :confused:

Not true there is a lot of hunting and shooting that goes on in rural Canada. One can dispatch problem animals I know many Canadians that do so. I know Canadians that have their own private ranges.

In the cities like in many in the states its unlawful to shoot inside the city limits maybe that is what she is talking about.

Last edited:

OC for ME

<snip> Other than all o' them thangs, life's just great up there in *The People's Republic of Canuckistan*. :confused:
Canuckistan...
beavisnbutthead2.gif

Law abider

Not true there is a lot of hunting and shooting that goes on in rural Canada. One can dispatch problem animals I know many Canadians that do so. I know Canadians that have their own private ranges.

In the cities like in many in the states its unlawful to shoot inside the city limits maybe that is what she is talking about.

Unless the actions of the 'actor' are justified.
You Canadians need to do something about Ocing/CCing in public. This threat could have been stopped. But if you are in Chicago..... forget it.
We here in Wisconsin have a good system, but wished that ex Rep Pam Galloway's constitutional carry bill had passed also.

Keep safe there

davidmcbeth

Banned
Doncha' 'member what Mom ustah' say Bro' ?,,,

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." :shocker:

My momma never said that ... your mommy never complained about the gov't?

My momma said "If they are coming to get you, don't wait, go get them!"

Better words to live by.