• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More ridiculous legislation...

hermannr

I actually think Singapor has a good idea with their caning. why should we spend millions of tax dollars warehousing these petty criminals...$5000 fine, $10,000 fine....and where does he think these petty criminals are going to come up with that kind of money, by selling drugs, or women's services? Why should the state feed them for 5 years? dumb. Just cane them until they pass out from pain and kick them back out on the street.

After being caned a couple times they will decide there are better things to do.

Wolfgang1952

They sure could put up a nice set of Gallows on the Neutral Grounds in front of the Courthouse on Tulane and Carleton Aue. I’ll supply the Rope.
Hang um, and let them hang for awhile. To hell with jail, we the Tax Payers support them while they are in jail. Three meals a day, clothing, Cable TV ha Hang Um get it over with.

Daylen

I hope hanging and caining desire is being directed at actual criminal activity, not the activity of this silly proposed law.

sraacke

All I see is a politician trying to increase the penalties for committing a crime that's already on the books. It won't affect me or my practice of carrying a gun for my own protection. I'm not going to be wrecklessly firing my gun anywhere, including a school zone. If my gun is fired it's going to be very unwrecklessly. If Jojo the urban democrat starts blasting his Hypurnt Fotay at his homies walking across the high school football field I'm good with putting him in jail for a minimum of 10 years.
Same goes for increasing the penalties for home invasions. Of course, that's assuming that they survive invading my home. Because doing that to my house is basically a capital punishment waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All I see is a politician trying to increase the penalties for committing a crime that's already on the books. It won't affect me or my practice of carrying a gun for my own protection. I'm not going to be wrecklessly firing my gun anywhere, including a school zone. If my gun is fired it's going to be very unwrecklessly. If Jojo the urban democrat starts blasting his Hypurnt Fotay at his homies walking across the high school football field I'm good with putting him in jail for a minimum of 10 years.
Same goes for increasing the penalties for home invasions. Of course, that's assuming that they survive invading my home. Because doing that to my house is basically a capital punishment waiting to happen.

Are you making fun of Elmer and his wabbit words? ........ sorry, but I couldn't resist. - my bad.
smiley-ashamed007.gif