• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MP3 Player...

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Have to give TASER credit for its marketing strategy. The MP3 player for a jogger makes sense, it would encourage an owner to take the TASER along, but wearing headphones is not good for situational awareness. However, I'm tempted to get one.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Perhaps a NAA minirevolver holster with mp3 player would be nicer.

Hey! What a great idea!

An mp3 player built into pistol grips! Crimson Trace can fit the gadgetry for a laser sight into a hand gun grip. Why not an mp3 player, too.

Now THAT would be the way to OC.

Wait a minute. Wait. You just know I'm going to say it. Here it comes:

I can't wait to load my .38 Special.

:D

xRapidDavex

imported post

So you taser a guy in your house that doesn't have a firearm.... what happens next after 30 seconds and you're halfway through the 911 call??

David.Car

imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
So you taser a guy in your house that doesn't have a firearm.... what happens next after 30 seconds and you're halfway through the 911 call??
In the 30 seconds he was incapacitated you should been able to find something to beat him into unconciousness... or a knife and duct tape?

xRapidDavex

imported post

I guess. I'm just saying with the taser I've got one chance and 30 seconds vs 14 chances.

thx997303

imported post

I don't think tazers are worth the money you spent on them. Police use tasers because they have a gun for backup. i don't want to waste the money.

xRapidDavex

imported post

To their credit, they will replace your unit that you leave behind if you provide a police report of the incident.

thx997303

imported post

I'm not worried about having one replaced, I'm worried about the BG getting up.

One try for temporary incapacitation, or 16. Even more if you carry spare mags.