• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Parents Open Carry book has won an award

xmanhockey7

Saw on MCRGO's Facebook page today that Brain Jeff's and Nathan Nephew's book, My Parents Open Carry, has received an award. The award they received is "Creepiest Book of the 21st Century" by The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Congratulations guys. Looks like you're now award winning authors!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It seems this has spawned a rash of fake reviews (mostly 1- and 5-star reviews, the latter all being of the sort "this book helps me teach my daughter to shoot kids who threaten her!" crap) on Amazon.

I reported them all as inappropriate, obviously abusive (they're all from the last two days :rolleyes:). I would suggest folks do that rather than posting more reviews, if they haven't bought the book.

FreeInAZ

Saw on MCRGO's Facebook page today that Brain Jeff's and Nathan Nephew's book, My Parents Open Carry, has received an award. The award they received is "Creepiest Book of the 21st Century" by The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Congratulations guys. Looks like you're now award winning authors!
Just like everything else they do [half-asses] the coalition is only 3 years late to the party! :eek:

I think they could do a far creepier book called "you took your kid to school while unarmed, like we told you to, & watched her & others get shot while you frantically dialed 911...just before you got killed."

What a bunch of ghouls over at the coalition to maintain school "fish in a barrel" shooting zones. Stupid is, as stupid does in their case.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

22Luke36

It seems this has spawned a rash of fake reviews (mostly 1- and 5-star reviews, the latter all being of the sort "this book helps me teach my daughter to shoot kids who threaten her!" crap) on Amazon.

I reported them all as inappropriate, obviously abusive (they're all from the last two days :rolleyes:). I would suggest folks do that rather than posting more reviews, if they haven't bought the book.
Fight fire with fire.

Just reply to the post with. "Ok so you don't mind me shooting your daughter legally in defense of self and the others that you taught her to kill?"

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Well I've read it to my daughter and she's only five. She gets it! So those making goofy reviews are....well...goofy. May their cars break down on them in the Cass Corridor on their way back from a Tigers game this summer....boy I bet they wished they followed the examples shown in "My parents open carry" then! :eek:

Those that mock, do so often from ignorance. May karma lay out plenty of real-world learning for them. :p

Last edited: