• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My trip to area 51

mbogo470

I think he was asking (rhetorically) if Nevada has any laws authorizing open carry.

Open carry is legal in Nevada because there are no laws prohibiting it.

mbogo

NAVYBLUE

My email to them:

"It has come to my attention that you as a business person have exercised your right to not allow law abiding citizens exercising their 2nd amendment and Nevada state law rights to open carry a weapon for self defense. I am going to Reno in December with wife to catch a train back east for Christmas and was going to stop in Rachel for lunch.

BUT, as a law abiding gun owner and (28) year NAVY vet who served to protect ALL the rights of ALL Americans, I am going to exercise my right to chose where to eat and am going to bypass Rachel's only dining establishment both directions and eat elsewhere.

AND notify my 131 friends on (5) websites to avoid your establishment.

I will defend to the last drop of my blood your private property rights to refuse to serve law abiding gun owners carrying for self defense.

Do you know what 131 x 10 x 10 etc equals. A LOT of lost business. Oh and by the way, I don't how people in Rachel act but the people I associate with DO NOT get drunk when carrying a weapon. It is very hard to defend yourself against an assailant when you are drunk.

You have a nice day."

vegaspassat

Even though your thread started with "so" i was still going to read it...until I saw this...

In-Other-Words-Detail-Paper-Cut-Letters-123487684564_zps78beb098.jpg:original

I'm sorry I cannot read that!

Im sorry, but I dont get this. Is it a jab at my grammar or something?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Logan 5

I e-mailed them as well.

Loagn5 said:
Hiya!

I will be passing through your area soon, and I am looking forward to the fine eats at your restaurant. Uh, WAS.

I fully recognize, understand, and even agree that you have the right to refuse service to anyone you wish. Likewise, I will decide where I eat. I may not open carry any longer, but I served in this nations finest for a reason. That reason is the US Constitution. The right to have the ability to defend oneself is paramount to nearly any other.

If you feel that you can trust the safety of children around drunks, then I am glad I won't be eating there. I have seen first hand. in my days as a firefighter, to what extent drunks will go while intoxicated. I'd rather have someone lawfully packing and as a guest of mine than not.

I am also the moderator to 5 newsgroup forums and senior/super moderator to three internet sites/html forums. All told, we have well over 12,000 active members.

And they're getting this as well.

Their call if they wish to patronize you. Me, I have a cooler that fills quite nicely.
Regards,

Nevada carrier

Im sorry, but I dont get this. Is it a jab at my grammar or something?

This is a jab at the OP's choice of writing style. The image is indicating that the original post was a "wall of text," with little formatting for paragraphs. Many times people simply reply TL-DR when they see long posts; it stand for Too Long, Didn't Read. Personally I didn't find the origial post too long, though it could have used some attention to paragraph formattying detail. Then again, People don't come here for English composition lessons, so WRGAF.

Last edited:

vegaspassat

Usually I do a little better on composition and formatting if Im typing on my computer, but from my phone it is just too big of a pain in the ass.

28kfps

This is a jab at the OP's choice of writing style. The image is indicating that the original post was a "wall of text," with little formatting for paragraphs. Many times people simply reply TL-DR when they see long posts; it stand for Too Long, Didn't Read. Personally I didn't find the origial post too long, though it could have used some attention to paragraph formattying detail. Then again, People don't come here for English composition lessons, so WRGAF.

Thanks for the clarifying. I had no idea what that posting was all about? When I red a posting, if understand the content, point, and understand the subject I could care less what grade it might receive if graded by an English teacher. I am just glad most appear too be use to my creative ability too used the wrong wording an me unable too speel.Talk about a wall of text I accidently heard obummer spewing once; there is a great example of a wall of text.

Logan 5

I don't think they give a damn. And rightly so- it is a mom & pop, how many people go there and don't come to this website? Which is one reason why I also brought this to the attention of the other groups I moderate. More impact.

Oh well. I can pass through without a problem.
Provided those damn space aliens will finally leave me alone. :shocker: :banana:

turborich

Update: Here is the Little Alien's response word for word (copy + paste)

Hello my name is Connie and I would like to say their are two sides
to every story and you have only heard one side.
We do respect the 2nd amendment always have and we do respect
Nevada's right to open carry,
On that day I had a dinning room full of guests one family had four children in the group who were unruly and when they noticed the gun the gentleman was wearing they went towards the weapon I had to stand between the gun and the children because the
man was not paying attention to his surroundings. I then ask that he snap his holster and either cover,check or remove his weapon his choice.
I just want to say put yourself in others shoes before judging and jumping to conclusions you must hear both sides of the story.By the way the family was ask to leave.

Thank you
Connie