• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC LE using portable fingerprinting units during traffic stops

WalkingWolf

I'm waiting for WalkingWolf to admit that he was incorrect. All he had to say is "I stand corrected." Or, "never mind."

I pointed out the flaw in the NC law, and that SCOTUS ruled it constitutional. I let it drop because it was going no where, but some people just can't leave it alone. Yes that is you I am talking about. Instead how about "up yours".

Probably a good idea if the thread is locked, because I can see this is going to get into a really nasty urinating contest.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I pointed out the flaw in the NC law, and that SCOTUS ruled it constitutional. I let it drop because it was going no where, but some people just can't leave it alone. Yes that is you I am talking about. Instead how about "up yours".

Probably a good idea if the thread is locked, because I can see this is going to get into a really nasty urinating contest.
It appears that you are the one that is looking to start a fight. It, also, appears that maybe you need a time out for a violation of the rules. WalkingWolf, you know better.

WalkingWolf

It appears that you are the one that is looking to start a fight. It, also, appears that maybe you need a time out for a violation of the rules. WalkingWolf, you know better.

NO I let it drop, you insist on continuing it! We are not going to agree, no matter how long we go back, and forth. Some people are smart enough to know when it is over, some are not. Keep it up, and we will never have any type of dialog at all.

XD40sc

No where in the article or the video does it say this is being used during routine traffic stops. There is one comment for "stopped" but anytime you are interacting with a LEO, you are 'stopped'.

OC for ME

And the cops also state that the prints are not saved (in a database) unless you are arrested...:rolleyes:

If you refuse, because you are a LAC, you could be arrested and then taken to jail to have your prints recorded...and guess what, you were arrested and now your prints will be stored in a database...no win situation. Cops chalk up another win in the war against individual liberty.

Fallschirjmäger

And the cops also state that the prints are not saved (in a database) unless you are arrested...:rolleyes:

If you refuse, because you are a LAC, you could be arrested and then taken to jail to have your prints recorded...and guess what, you were arrested and now your prints will be stored in a database...no win situation. Cops chalk up another win in the war against individual liberty.

Pardon, but for violation of what State Code would said lawful citizen be arrested for?

solus

Pardon, but for violation of what State Code would said lawful citizen be arrested for?

well according to the initial interview as stated by the SBI coordinator:

quote: SPolice coordinator for the project stated it was imperative consent to the nice LE's request to field administered fingerprinting; while the ACLU stated citizens could refuse; cutting back to the SP coordinator who publicly state in the continuation of his initial statement said, citizens could refuse but would be arrested on the spot for refusal to provide identification to a LE. unquote cite see post 1 of this thread!

Now when i am stopped in the middle of rural nowhere and the nice LE has an itch to test the bandwidth of his brand new fingerprint gadget on this citizen, and i refuse, and he arrests me, or puts a remand to appear in court...do i really care what violation is used until i get to court to plead my case, and the judge will smile, nod at the nice LE, and then look at me and say...case dismissed!!

Last edited: