• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEED HELP NOW! San Francisco!

ryanburbridge

wildhawker

On behalf of the Calguns Foundation, I did reach out to and speak at length with the subject person this morning. I respectfully request that no additional details be published until we and counsel have an opportunity to review all of the facts; depending on the path forward, it may take some time before more information can/should be released. Understanding that this is of great interest to our gun advocate community, please also consider that more discussion at this time is counterproductive to the process. Thanks for your consideration and respect for the integrity of the issue before us.

-Brandon

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I've been in contact with this person as well.

I'm going to speak with him over the phone when I'm done with my tasks for the day.

From what I've heard, they are trying to railroad this guy big time.

Sounds like 12031, plus 2 charges for "contempt of cop".

ryanburbridge

wildhawker

On behalf of the Calguns Foundation, I did reach out to and speak at length with the subject person this morning. I respectfully request that no additional details be published until we and counsel have an opportunity to review all of the facts; depending on the path forward, it may take some time before more information can/should be released. Understanding that this is of great interest to our gun advocate community, please also consider that more discussion at this time is counterproductive to the process. Thanks for your consideration and respect for the integrity of the issue before us.

-Brandon

ryanburbridge

wildhawker

-Brandon

cato

Donald Kilmer is the CGF attorney in the bay area. Hope the UOCer has $5,000-$50,000 set aside. We've been through this before. There is NO need for individuals to put themselves at risk. The Theseus example didn't sink in I guess. I hope this is a false arrest for 12031. If it 626.9 or 12025 get ready for a wild ride. Where is RCOC and their thousands of $$$$$$ for attorneys? They've been pushing this angle...

Here is the Bat phone info...http://www.dklawoffice.com/

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Donald Kilmer is the CGF attorney in the bay area. Hope the UOCer has $5,000-$50,000 set aside. We've been through this before. There is NO need for individuals to put themselves at risk. The Theseus example didn't sink in I guess. I hope this is a false arrest for 12031. If it 626.9 or 12025 get ready for a wild ride. Where is RCOC and their thousands of $$$$$$ for attornys?

PM sent.

cato

PMs sent to some big guns / 'the right people' types...

I take it the individual was released after booking?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I take it the individual was released after booking?

Yes, released on his own recognizance.

Property has been returned except the firearm. The firearm isn't considered evidence; they said he could get it back after submitting a LEGR.

I told him to call Gene and Don first thing tomorrow. It seems his appearance date is also tomorrow(!).

Last edited:

cato

It seems his appearance date is also tomorrow(!).

So when did this happen? 6 weeks ago? He should appear, get a public defender, plead not guilty and dump the pd later if needed...heck does he even know if the DA actually filed this weak case?

Dates on tickets don't mean anything if the DA didn't file.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
So when did this happen? 6 weeks ago? He should appear, get a public defender, plead not guilty and dump the pd later if needed...heck does he even know if the DA actually filed this weak case?

Dates on tickets don't mean anything if the DA didn't file.

Apparently it happened on Friday. He is unaware whether the DA has actually filed anything.

cato

Apparently it happened on Friday. He is unaware whether the DA has actually filed anything.

I've never heard of a notice to appear in 7 calender days but maybe they are making an exception for him. So this is in criminal court and not traffic court for the VC section only?

Sounds like someone wrote the wrong court date on the ticket. I've done that before. Guess he'll find out tomorrow.

Got to hit the sack now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I've got court tomorrow too, but I get paid for my appearance.

Last edited: