• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada high court says portions of gun permit records public

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
No big surprise to me. A perfect reason why we should get rid of the need for concealed carry permits to carry concealed.

No one in the right mind should think the government will successfully keep their information confidential.

Last edited:

varminter22

Agreed. "Constitutional Carry" is the ultimate answer.

In the meantime, I think it is a safe bet we'll have a bill in the 2011 legislative session to make CCW info confidential.

chrsjhnsn

what we need to do

is publicize as much info about employees/writers at reno gazzette.
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, if they want to practice free speech against gun owners then we need to practice free speech against them, where do they live etc!?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
is publicize as much info about employees/writers at reno gazzette.
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, if they want to practice free speech against gun owners then we need to practice free speech against them, where do they live etc!?

I do not see where the high court has specifically referenced releasing publicly the address, phone number, place of employment or other such confidential information.

Did read that the name, and any post-permit records of investigation, suspension or revocation, are not declared explicitly to be confidential. Did not read more than that.

Is there an attempt to list all permit holders or is this on a case-by-case basis based on some action event?

Think that it is much better to take the high road unless the insult/injury is great.

CowboyKen

Agreed. "Constitutional Carry" is the ultimate answer.

In the meantime, I think it is a safe bet we'll have a bill in the 2011 legislative session to make CCW info confidential.

Is there anything that we should do to help this happen?

Ken

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I'm a Libertarian.

I will be voting for Angle to get rid of Reid.

Any other candidate who wants my vote can only earn it if he or she commits to sponsor a bill legalizing Constitutional Carry as their first bill. I would rather have a Democrat that I KNOW is opposed to my rights than have a Republican that I just plain can't trust.

That's the deal. My vote only comes after your commitment.