• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New alcohol permits approved for Waterside

wylde007

imported post

It just says they're going from a blanket permit (which businesses probably pay into under the property management) to a per-business basis. That will actually make it easier for them to pick-and-choose. What it will force is that businesses will have to police themselves better because it will be their own permits under scrutiny.

Also, this way if one business has problems the others do not suffer for it.

And yes, Bar Norfolk is probably pi$$ed.

wylde007

imported post

Because they are the "nightclub" venue, the meat-market of Waterside and they are the location that stands to lose the most if indiscretions should arise.

Essentially they'll have to be 100% accountable for their own business, which means they'll have to actually check IDs and refuse service...

The ABC in VA hasn't been fooling around lately. They've knocked the wind out of a few establishments and completely shut down several others that I am personally aware of.

ufcfanvt

imported post

IIRC, it's been years since I've been there, but this used to be a kind of 3-story, short indoor mall when I was a kid.
They basically turned it into a Mall of Bars/Restaurants (yes there are NO bars in VA...) so you can go from Bar Norfolk upstairs, to Hooters downstairs, then Crocodile Rocks w/out going outside and I THINK you were allowed to drink in between.
It's a lot of fun if that's what you're into.

Bullbuster

imported post

With the new Town Point Park opening this weekend and this new license soon the whole area should be interesting for OC'rs. Wonder how the NPD and security at Waterside will be handing things.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
With the new Town Point Park opening this weekend and this new license soon the whole area should be interesting for OC'rs. Wonder how the NPD and security at Waterside will be handing things.
Hopefully they will be following the law and not bothering citizens engaged in legal activities. Either that or they'd best bring their checkbook with them.

Yata hey