• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy here.

PBhere

Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've been reading this board for several days and decided to go ahead and register. I live in Pinson, AL. I'm new to handguns. I grew up with a 410 shotgun but never owned a handgun until recently.

My story of why I decided to invest in a pistol.... Three months ago my woke me in the middle of the night. She told me there is someone in the house. I sat up and just sat there and listen to see if I would hear any noises. Nothing. But my wife doesn't scare easily so I decided to get up and check things out. I went directly across the hall to where my youngest daughter was sleeping. All clear. The I had to proceed down the hall thru the den and to the kitchen to get my weapon...an 8 inch iron skillet. I proceed to clear the rest of the house. Luckily for me there was no one in the house. I have never felt so inadequately prepared in all my life. I told my wife I'm going to go buy a pistol and learn how to use it.

ADobbs1989

Welcome, I encourage you to check out BamaCarry on facebook. What area of Alabama is that in? Nearest large city? There are meetings all over the state, maybe we can find you a meeting to attend to talk with other 2nd Amendment supporters.

ADobbs1989

I have joined the BamaCarry FB page. Pinson is right by Trussville.

Pretty sure there are quite a few in the Trussville/Birmingham area, and I think there is a meeting somewhere nearby. I'm about an hour and a half north near Ft. Payne.

eye95

Check out DefendAlabama.com also. IMO, it is the only one of the three sites that is truly grassroots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

ADobbs1989

I haven't heard of any meetings around here lately, but don't get discouraged. If you can't find one, make one. If you schedule it, they will come.

This, and send a message to Eddie Fulmer if you wish to host a meeting. He will be glad to create a group event, and will likely get a good bit of response since you are near a large city.