• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New handgun. $700 and under.

tntorqu

imported post

What is a good handgun to opencarry with and conceal carry with. Im just looking for a new gun so i can show off with it at the range. I love my glocks but there isnt another glock i want. So i need yalls help.Right now, i have a glock 17, glock 26and a ruger P95.Any suggestions.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

It seems you like 9mm handguns. Have youtried kahr? They are thinner than the glock and ruger. PM9 or MK9 are the small 9mm models. P9 and the k9 are the "midsize". The T9 is the large model.

p=polymer

k=steel

t=target

cw=value version

I think the p9 is a great gun for carry. It is light and thin.

I used to own a p9 and currently own a couple k40's and a k9.

They can be had used for around $400+ on gunbroker.

230therapy

imported post

tntorqu wrote:
What is a good handgun to opencarry with and conceal carry with. Im just looking for a new gun so i can show off with it. I love my glocks but there isnt another glock i want. So i need yalls help.Right now, i have a glock 17, glock 26and a ruger P95.Any suggestions.
The three guns you have are perfectly adequate for your purpose. If anything, acquire another G17 and G26 as backups in case of failure or loss. If anything, replace the P95 with something smaller, such as a pocket gun (like a J-Frame or Kahr).

An even better option would be to seek training and buy ammo.

curtiswr

imported post

You need a nice wheel gun.

Ruger GP-100 in 3 inch is concealable and pleasant to shoot, but might be harder to find

Ruger SP-101 is good for OC or CC in any of its configurations

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

tntorqu wrote:
What is a good handgun to opencarry with and conceal carry with. Im just looking for a new gun so i can show off with it. I love my glocks but there isnt another glock i want. So i need yalls help.Right now, i have a glock 17, glock 26and a ruger P95.Any suggestions.
We hope you're not serious about this.. perhaps a little tongue in cheek humor, eh?

tntorqu

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
tntorqu wrote:
We hope you're not serious about this.. perhaps a little tongue in cheek humor, eh?
i meant to say so i can show off with it at the range. My mind was faster than typing. But ill edit it.

ecocks

imported post

I always enjoy expanding the collection.

Try looking at CZ's, they have both alloy and polymer frames in regular and compact sizes in both 9 and 40. They're reliable, accurate and still building their following here in the US so you can "show it off" at the range for some mileage. Also, if you like polymers,the S&W M&P is available in both 9 and 40 with full size and compact models.

Have fun feeding your addiction!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

tntorqu wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
tntorqu wrote:
i meant to say so i can show off with it at the range. My mind was faster than typing. But ill edit it.
Oh, Ok... that works.

kwikrnu mentioned a T9 Kahr and I can attest to the fact that that piece is a fine looking specimen of a semi-auto DAO pistol. I have one with night sights and it's just too pretty to carry - more like suitable for framing.

45acpForMe

imported post

You can get many types of guns for under $700.

If you go to gunbroker.com and search for firearms with a price under $700 you would probably get over a thousand hits.

If you go used you could almost get anything. For new, checkout H&K models, 1911 models, S&W, etc. (Sig P250 is under $700 too)

I would decide what you want then watch the auctions for a week or three and see if a good deal comes up on GunBroker.com.

So the real decision is what you want and then wait for a good deal to pop up. I was looking for a gun with no hurry to buy and found one at a local gun show for $838 but since I wasn't in any hurry didn't buy it. A couple weeks later I bid $565 for the same "new" model and won. Some of those no-reserve auctions are great!

KingfisherS

imported post

If you don't have one go with a 45acp, mainly a 1911. Everyone needs one of these.

You can get the Springfield Armory Mil-Spec for about 600 to 650.00 very nice handguns.

Right now they come with a holster and double mag pouch.

IMG_1690.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Check out Taurus's semi-autos. I have a Millennium Pro in .40 and a PT1911. Both great quality guns, both under $700.

CarryOpen

imported post

Consider a Browning or FN hi-power, both should come in at your price point and are wonderful pistols.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

KingfisherS wrote:
If you don't have one go with a 45acp, mainly a 1911. Everyone needs one of these.

You can get the Springfield Armory Mil-Spec for about 600 to 650.00 very nice handguns.

Right now they come with a holster and double mag pouch.

What do you think about the holster?

KingfisherS

imported post

It is plastic and leaves the most of the muzzle exposed, but seems pretty solid. I have used it a few times as it is the only one I have for the gun. Not bad for free though.

slabside

imported post

thebigsd wrote:
Check out Taurus's semi-autos. I have a Millennium Pro in .40 and a PT1911. Both great quality guns, both under $700.

6 out of 10 of the Taurus Millenium Pro .40's have problems. -I've got one and have researched it (unfortunately, after the purchase) Stove-piping, dropping mags, metal shavings between the frame and slides, -hate it but that's my opinion, and an opinion based on research and experience is better than without.

Go XD/XDM -that's what I'm trading my PT-140 in for. -Again, IMHO