• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to AZ

libra8

I moved to Tucson 3 years ago and have seen 2 maybe 3 open carriers. I moved from NJ and it's night and day. I've been carrying concealed sort of, it doesn't matter, since I've been here and now it's second nature. I've only had one person say something and that was when I forgot to change my shirt. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I open carry in AZ a lot when I am down there in the winter.

Mostly positive comments. The other I try and use as educational experiences. Plus I get to hand out business cards for my firearms training business.

mlawson

Moved here 3.5 years ago from Upstate NY.

I'll OC depending on where I am at. I don't need people getting grabby. And I really don't feel like getting in arguments with simpletons because they don't understand.

mjones

I generally see at least 1 person OC on every visit to the Courthouse Plaza in Presocott. We're there for one thing or another at least once a month. If there's a craft/art fair of any sort at the plaza, I'll anywhere between 3-10 OCers in the span of an hour or so.

Pikachu712

I open carry from time to time. I prefer to conceal carry for the most part. Most of the businesses I visit tend to prefer that their customer NOT open carry. In the past when there was not so many shooting crimes open carry was not a major issue. Nowadays it's becoming a less prevalent carry method. The last time I saw an open carry was at a fast food restaurant. Most businesses prefer that their customers not open carry.

WalkingWolf

I open carry from time to time. I prefer to conceal carry for the most part. Most of the businesses I visit tend to prefer that their customer NOT open carry. In the past when there was not so many shooting crimes open carry was not a major issue. Nowadays it's becoming a less prevalent carry method. The last time I saw an open carry was at a fast food restaurant. Most businesses prefer that their customers not open carry.
I don't get out much anymore, but when I do I get thanked by most businesses for OCIng. Some restaurants give me a discount for OCing. In Wally World I am usually not the only person open carrying, there is usually at least one or two others. Question~Do most businesses tell you they prefer customers to not OC? Or are you just assuming?

Pikachu712

I don't get out much anymore, but when I do I get thanked by most businesses for OCIng. Some restaurants give me a discount for OCing. In Wally World I am usually not the only person open carrying, there is usually at least one or two others. Question~Do most businesses tell you they prefer customers to not OC? Or are you just assuming?
I shop primarily at two WM stores here in Tucson. Each time I see a Tucson Marshall outside the store most of the time. One day I asked why they were there I was told that they were security so those "rush" type robberies don't occur at the stores. In all the time I've been shopping at these to WM stores I've never seen OC's at all. I used to OC more often when I lived in Las Vegas. I still OC on an infrequent basis but not often.