• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next San Diego County OC meet and greet.

Firemark

La Mesa Oktoberfest is held the weekend of Sept 30, Oct 1-2.

La Mesa CA

Lets do a meet and greet on Friday and Sunday. There will be large crowds of people, parking will be an issue, research your school zones. Post here an RSVP if you will attend, we can hammer out details for dining and times before the date arrives.

Gundude

Re: parking.
The trolley station is right around the corner on Spring st. from Cosmo's coffee shop.
It's a little early for me to chime in, but I'll try to make it.

Firemark

Im not aware of the Trolleys policy, I would also assume that it would most likely run thru school zones. So if one chooses to use the trolley then LUCC might be the only safe way. then when at the festival find a restroom.

Gabriel Carvajal

Im not aware of the Trolleys policy, I would also assume that it would most likely run thru school zones. So if one chooses to use the trolley then LUCC might be the only safe way. then when at the festival find a restroom.

What does LUCC mean? I would like to attend. I am new to OC so I am still looking stuff up on what I'm allowed to do.

Firemark

What does LUCC mean? I would like to attend. I am new to OC so I am still looking stuff up on what I'm allowed to do.

LUCC refers to Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry. It is the legal means to carry your handgun in most places without restrictions (except school grounds and government buildings). The weapon must be unloaded, however the magazine with ammunition may be in the container, so long as it can not be manipulated into a position to be fired. The case must be completely enclosed and locked with a locking device so you can not get a finger inside to manipulate the weapon(key,padlock, tumble lock).

Click on my link in my signature and read, read, read, then watch at least 3 dozen videos on youtube about open carry.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer

LUCC refers to locked cased transportation. Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry or Locked Unloaded CASED Carry.
Neither are accurate descriptors as this is not a form of carry at all. Techically, locked cased transportation is only an exemption to laws like 626.9, and 12025 which forbid possession of firearms.

Gabriel Carvajal

LUCC refers to Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry. It is the legal means to carry your handgun in most places without restrictions (except school grounds and government buildings). The weapon must be unloaded, however the magazine with ammunition may be in the container, so long as it can not be manipulated into a position to be fired. The case must be completely enclosed and locked with a locking device so you can not get a finger inside to manipulate the weapon(key,padlock, tumble lock).

Click on my link in my signature and read, read, read, then watch at least 3 dozen videos on youtube about open carry.

I've been reading my eyes off and watching tons of videos. Its a little nerve racking. It's mostly the nervousness of getting confronted.

Thank you for your answer. I had to read it three times before it hit me. Locked Unloaded CONCEALED Carry. I missed the concealed part. Don't ask me how that happened.

As far as the meet and greet, if I transport my weapon in my trunk, do I just put it on right when I get there? How does that work?

Firemark

I've been reading my eyes off and watching tons of videos. Its a little nerve racking. It's mostly the nervousness of getting confronted.

Thank you for your answer. I had to read it three times before it hit me. Locked Unloaded CONCEALED Carry. I missed the concealed part. Don't ask me how that happened.

As far as the meet and greet, if I transport my weapon in my trunk, do I just put it on right when I get there? How does that work?

Transport in a trunk is considered a locked container, however once you open it you then have to don your gear, most likely in public in front of others, which may be construed by some observers as brandishing. Save yourself any potential problems, carry in a locked case or backpack, and find a secluded place to don your gear, away from public viewing. In the front seat of your car may be appropriate depending where you are located, a restroom might even be better, especially if its a single lockable room.

As for nerve racking, it doesnt have to be that way, you can make your own reality by your own efforts.
Good UOC encounter.

Gabriel Carvajal

Transport in a trunk is considered a locked container, however once you open it you then have to don your gear, most likely in public in front of others, which may be construed by some observers as brandishing. Save yourself any potential problems, carry in a locked case or backpack, and find a secluded place to don your gear, away from public viewing. In the front seat of your car may be appropriate depending where you are located, a restroom might even be better, especially if its a single lockable room.

As for nerve racking, it doesnt have to be that way, you can make your own reality by your own efforts.
Good UOC encounter.

Thanks again.

I read a story on some website, (can't remember which) the person writing the story said that after leaving one place, they got in there car and put there handgun in the front seat to go to another establishment. Is this ok?

I've been reading the 12025 and 12026.1 over and over. I'm having trouble understanding it.

Firemark

Thanks again.

I read a story on some website, (can't remember which) the person writing the story said that after leaving one place, they got in there car and put there handgun in the front seat to go to another establishment. Is this ok?

I've been reading the 12025 and 12026.1 over and over. I'm having trouble understanding it.

Technically, in California one could drive in a car from point A to point B and leave their unloaded handgun on the front seat in plain view, providing they do not drive thru a School Zone or onto government property. Should you be pulled over, even though you are technically within the law (if the above requirements are met) there is no guarantee that the Law enforcement officer would know the relevant penal codes and just let you go on your way. In all likelyhood, you would be held at gun point and proned out on the ground and then be searched and detained while the officer attempts to find some infraction of the law to assign to your legal action. (because LE are trained that all encounters with armed citizens are criminals, otherwise why would they be armed)

With GFSZ's being so prevalent and sometimes difficult to identify, it would be prudent to carry LUCC to avoid this potential encounter, driving thru GFSZ's are almost a certainty.

I suggest reading the Calguns Wiki on gun related questions.

Calguns FAQ wiki

it is one of the links in my signature line below, many questions you have, the answers can be found on the links listed on that forum string.

Gabriel Carvajal

Technically, in California one could drive in a car from point A to point B and leave their unloaded handgun on the front seat in plain view, providing they do not drive thru a School Zone or onto government property. Should you be pulled over, even though you are technically within the law (if the above requirements are met) there is no guarantee that the Law enforcement officer would know the relevant penal codes and just let you go on your way. In all likelyhood, you would be held at gun point and proned out on the ground and then be searched and detained while the officer attempts to find some infraction of the law to assign to your legal action. (because LE are trained that all encounters with armed citizens are criminals, otherwise why would they be armed)

With GFSZ's being so prevalent and sometimes difficult to identify, it would be prudent to carry LUCC to avoid this potential encounter, driving thru GFSZ's are almost a certainty.

I suggest reading the Calguns Wiki on gun related questions.

Calguns FAQ wiki

it is one of the links in my signature line below, many questions you have, the answers can be found on the links listed on that forum string.

Semper Fi! Thank you very much.

Firemark

dont forget to rsvp so we have an idea who will show. Also, try and bring friends or family, the Oktoberfest is a large fun event.

dumbbe11s

I am going to forward the meet info to some possible first timers and see if they will go in my absence. I hope all it well with the SD crew.