• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nice day today.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
It was a nice day of open carry today. Albertson's at 120th and Washington, Wally World and Lowe's at 136th and I-25 for a few things and a very, very good conversation with my 18YO Son today about open carry. He is very well versed in firearms as I taught him at an early age about safety and he shoots with me almost everytime I go out.

Today he brought up wanting to carry something when he goes camping....and mentioned the 21YO requirement for the permit to conceal, so I used it as a great opportunity to talk to him about open carry.

We talked at length about some basics of the law, where you can and can't carry, how I would be more than happy to gift him one of my handguns after we go through some additional work together.
I started talking about the CRS stuff on Mitchie and a few other things including OCDO and a couple of other sites.
He wants all the links to get started reading some stuff.

It was a damn good day today.
Oh.....no one said anything at any of the establishments that I went into today either.

wthornton0206

It was a nice day of open carry today. Albertson's at 120th and Washington, Wally World and Lowe's at 136th and I-25 for a few things and a very, very good conversation with my 18YO Son today about open carry. He is very well versed in firearms as I taught him at an early age about safety and he shoots with me almost everytime I go out.

Today he brought up wanting to carry something when he goes camping....and mentioned the 21YO requirement for the permit to conceal, so I used it as a great opportunity to talk to him about open carry.

We talked at length about some basics of the law, where you can and can't carry, how I would be more than happy to gift him one of my handguns after we go through some additional work together.
I started talking about the CRS stuff on Mitchie and a few other things including OCDO and a couple of other sites.
He wants all the links to get started reading some stuff.

It was a damn good day today.
Oh.....no one said anything at any of the establishments that I went into today either.

That's awesome! I'm not old enough to have a teenage child to talk to about OC, but I support that 3000%!