• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NJ: Turn in neighbor for $1000

Gilly

imported post

When I was a kid growing up in Gloucester County life was great. Fast forward to 2005 when I move back to NJ from NC. Having spent the last 4 years living in NC, I cannot believe how expensive it is to live in NJ. My mortgage and taxes were astronomical. The entire state is politically didtasteful. So in 2007 I bit the bullet, quit my job, and moved the family back to NC. I will never go back.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Fetus wrote:
I used to say the same thing until I started traveling more .

Aww, c'mon. You can take the Fetus out of the Jerz....but you can't take the Jerz out of the fetus. You know dat.

Gilly wrote:
Fast forward to 2005 when I move back to NJ from NC. Having spent the last 4 years living in NC, I cannot believe how expensive it is to live in NJ. My mortgage and taxes were astronomical. The entire state is politically didtasteful.
OK, OK. It ain't poifect.

But at least you don't have to pump your own gas!

Tomahawk

imported post

Gilly wrote:
When I was a kid growing up in Gloucester County life was great. Fast forward to 2005 when I move back to NJ from NC. Having spent the last 4 years living in NC, I cannot believe how expensive it is to live in NJ. My mortgage and taxes were astronomical. The entire state is politically didtasteful. So in 2007 I bit the bullet, quit my job, and moved the family back to NC. I will never go back.

I share this experience, having grown up in South Jersey. Back then it was mostly farmland, and much of it still is, and as much as I enjoy my visits back to see the fam, I won't move back unless some changes are made in the political climate.

As HankT was saying, the gas is strangely cheap there despite attendants being mandatory, and of course the food there is usually better, but I own the wrong type of toys to move back, and my car insurance is way cheap.