• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Guns = No Business": Business Cards for Texans

qednick

I put together this simple No Guns = No Business biz card. I'm going to print up a bunch with glossy coating and if anybody in TX wants a handful, just PM me your name/address to ship to and I'll send you free of charge in a padded envelope.

I'm also including original artwork in case anyone wants to get a large batch printed on their own.

I wanted to keep it super simple, and applicable to both OC and CC, and not just for TX. I could've written chapter and verse on the back but sometimes short and sweet and to-the-point works better.

Also wanted to thank Matt for giving me a starting point with this since I was having trouble finding the original NG=NB card posts here.

attachment.php

Attachments

• No Guns Card.jpg
    No Guns Card.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 945

HPmatt

I like it. Might need a spanish language version, or at least the slogan.:lol:

Unocat

Beautiful work. These business need to feel our thoughts. So far there has been an aggressive MDA campaign to get business to put both signs up.

qednick

Beautiful work. These business need to feel our thoughts. So far there has been an aggressive MDA campaign to get business to put both signs up.

Exactly! The crazy thing is, I believe half the businesses agreeing to it don't even understand the signs or what they're for.

nonameisgood

Nice!
Maybe we should form a chapter of Gun Owners Demand Action or Open Carriers Demand Action. I mean there are probably more moms killing people than Open Carriers.
And why is it that people think we are going to use a gun to settle a disagreement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qednick

Nice!
Maybe we should form a chapter of Gun Owners Demand Action or Open Carriers Demand Action. I mean there are probably more moms killing people than Open Carriers.
And why is it that people think we are going to use a gun to settle a disagreement?

Because they're projecting.

I strongly believe that most anti-gun people feel the way they do because they feel that they cannot be trusted with a gun. Perhaps they have anger management issues, bad temper, etc. So because they feel that they cannot be trusted with a gun, nobody else can be either.

qednick

So Papouli's Greek restaurants in S.A. have posted 30.07. This is the letter I'm sending them along with one of the cards.

I've already mailed out the first batches of these cards to TX members that requested them. So I wanted to reiterate: if any OCDO members in Texas want some, just PM me and I'll send some free of charge and on my own dime. Also feel free to use a variation of my letter as you see fit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• papoulis letter.jpg
    papoulis letter.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:

MP(Retired)

So *** ****** ********** ** Papouli's Greek restaurants in S.A. have posted 30.07. This is the letter I'm sending them along with one of the cards.

I've already mailed out the first batches of these cards to TX members that requested them. So I wanted to reiterate: if any OCDO members in Texas want some, just PM me and I'll send some free of charge and on my own dime. Also feel free to use a variation of my letter as you see fit.

attachment.php

Outstanding letter!!
Will be interesting to see if you get a response. As you indicated, too bad they feel that they can't just ask an INDIVIDUAL to please place their weapon in their vehicle if another customer feels uncomfortable rather than "mass punishment".
<MP>

CrossFire

qednick, just wanted to let you know that the cards and tri-folds came in the mail today. Once again, thank you so much and I look forward to meeting you in person someday.

Gerry

qednick

qednick, just wanted to let you know that the cards and tri-folds came in the mail today. Once again, thank you so much and I look forward to meeting you in person someday.

Gerry

You are very welcome buddy! Just let me know when you need more. Would love to meet you too--though I maybe go DFW way once every 2 years unfortunately. I just posted on the experiences thread about the possibility of setting up a meet somewhere between the big 4. Meantime, I know nonameisgood is in your area and was asking if anyone wanted to meet up.

Outstanding letter!!
Will be interesting to see if you get a response. As you indicated, too bad they feel that they can't just ask an INDIVIDUAL to please place their weapon in their vehicle if another customer feels uncomfortable rather than "mass punishment".
<MP>

I'm fully expecting to not get a response, but if I do get one, I would suspect it wouldn't change anything initially. Only a concerted effort from numerous gun owners/carriers will make an impact which is why I'm willing to fund these NG=NB cards out of my own pocket so others can join in (BTW I'll give you a bunch next time I see you hehe).
I had originally thought about going in and handing them one but then I thought a letter to the C.E.O. with card included would be a better choice. That way, I can get my points across [before getting thrown out or argued with] and those points are made directly to the top of the food chain.

So now, I keep a small bunch on me just in case I need one while out OC'ing. And I will target specific ones by writing C.E.O's and upper management types.

My only regret with that letter yesterday is that I had mailed it off before coming across that news article about the convenience store near Houston that posted 30.06/30.07 then got robbed (I posted a thread about it this morning). In future, I will include a print out of that article with any letters I send out to solidify the point made in the last paragraph.

nonameisgood

Outstanding letter!!
<MP>

Today at Taco Cabana (I was CCing since I was working):
1f0c1c2342b1cf58977c255c3364a68d.jpg

The problem is that concealing makes far more sense that leaving a weapon vulnerable to theft.

qednick

The problem is that concealing makes far more sense that leaving a weapon vulnerable to theft.

I've boycotted Taco Cabana for years but more due to their food than anything else. Not really sure what they're trying to achieve with this sign rather than a 30.07 other than they clearly still don't want OC'ers in there but somehow still want/expect their business. I personally don't think that works. If I'm not 100% welcome, I'll spend my money with their competitors.

nonameisgood

They had 30.06's up for a few months a few years ago. They weren't quite up to spec and came down pretty quickly. I expect the same.

Unocat

I put together this simple No Guns = No Business biz card. I'm going to print up a bunch with glossy coating and if anybody in TX wants a handful, just PM me your name/address to ship to and I'll send you free of charge in a padded envelope.

I'm also including original artwork in case anyone wants to get a large batch printed on their own.

I wanted to keep it super simple, and applicable to both OC and CC, and not just for TX. I could've written chapter and verse on the back but sometimes short and sweet and to-the-point works better.

Also wanted to thank Matt for giving me a starting point with this since I was having trouble finding the original NG=NB card posts here.

attachment.php

Awesome cards. I have been carrying them with me every where I go.

qednick

Awesome cards. I have been carrying them with me every where I go.

You are very welcome buddy! Just lemme know if you need more. Just heard this morning that Denny's has posted 30.07--looks like I'll be sending them a card with one of my letters.