• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non resident FID card

Jared

From my understanding, you can not open carry without a FID card. I'm assuming you can OC in a vehicle???

This all begs the question of if Guam issues to non-residents? If so, can you apply by mail?

I know concealed carry ID's are hard to get but are non-residents eligible?

Their police website does not address these issues.

Thanks

taotaogalu

Im not to sure actually I would have to make a few local phone calls to help with you with that. One thing I know is that for concealed FID`s it`s for residents only,but im also not sure if that pertains to regular non concealed permits. Do you plan on visiting or moving to Guam if you don`t mind me asking.

Jared

Not planning on moving to Guam

Not planning on moving to Guam. I was just curious. I've research many gun laws for various lawsuit preparations.

The territories have MANY unconstitutional gun laws, Guam included.

If I ever did visit, I would attempt obtain a FID card so I could open carry.

I'm mostly just curious since gun info regarding the territories is hard to find.

You seem to have a good understanding of Guam gun laws so I was hoping you could answer the questions regarding vehicle carry and all the other things I asked in this thread.

Also, out of curiosity, have you had any police encounters over OC'ing? If so, how did they go?

Last edited:

Daylen

Im not to sure actually I would have to make a few local phone calls to help with you with that. One thing I know is that for concealed FID`s it`s for residents only,but im also not sure if that pertains to regular non concealed permits. Do you plan on visiting or moving to Guam if you don`t mind me asking.

Not sure about anyone else, but I will not travel to places that do not allow me to be armed if the travel is up to me. I thought this made travel outside the continent basically nil. If it is possible for me to be legally armed in Guam then I would consider it as a travel destination.

taotaogalu

I contacted the local Attorney General`s office and they told me "you would have to be a confirmed resident to get a FID,and that if visiting you wont be able carry a firearm without one.About the LEOS I haven't come across one yet while carrying and haven't been questioned yet,but people around me in public don`t really have a problem no complaints,fears,etc just the occasional stare. But LEOS here can be real ******** sometimes,they tend to abuse there authority sometimes.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/State/State.aspx?st=gu

click for more about Guam gun laws

but either way Guam is a awesome place to visit.

Last edited:

Jared

The police are making up the law

It appears that the police are talking out of their rear end. I read Guam's laws very carefully and I can't find any language that restricts FID cards or Concealed ID cards to residents. Sounds like after California is forced to issue to non-residents, someone will have to mail in an app to Guam to call their bluff since California and Guam are both in the 9th circuit.

slpNgrp

From my understanding, you can not open carry without a FID card. I'm assuming you can OC in a vehicle???

This all begs the question of if Guam issues to non-residents? If so, can you apply by mail?

I know concealed carry ID's are hard to get but are non-residents eligible?

Their police website does not address these issues.

Thanks

You are correct any carry, possession or purchase etc. is not allowed without FID.

Non-resident, alien, etc. concealed or not FID is at the discretion of the Chief of Police alone! How to get one I do not know.

Concealed FID is hard to get because of the "exceptional cause" clause that is also at the discretion of the Chief of Police.

OC in vehicle is not mentioned in the Guam Code, I think it was written before the term Open Carry became widely known. The prohibitions listed are for concealed in car without conceal license. The word Carry is used throughout the law and seems to mean Open Carry, I'm no lawyer but I will take it that way the LEOs I know agree.

Sorry for not having a clear concise answer, we here in the islands also wonder about our laws. Seems you need to be in the legislature to have access to the info, and even then the past couple Chiefs have made up "the law" whenever it suits his whims.

Last edited: